Diakonia International Humanitarian Law Resource Centre (IHLRC) is now accepting one-year project proposals from organisations with significant expertise working on International Humanitarian Law (IHL).
The IHLRC is funding one-year projects that:
• Contribute to strengthening compliance with IHL among the parties involved in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
• Emphasis the role and responsibility of third States to respect and ensure respect for IHL.
• Empower rights holders and communities affected by the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
• Influence duty bearers/national authorities to respect and ensure respect for IHL.
• Improve knowledge of IHL among local civil society and grass-roots organisations.
The selection criteria will be based on:
• Organisational capacity of the applying organisation.
• Alignment with Diakonia’s global values, visions and principles.
• Focus or thematic areas, including geographic representation and vulnerable groups.
• Relevance to Diakonia IHLRC’s 2017 – 2019 strategic objectives, work and intervention areas.
• Applying organisation’s role in empowering rights holders and influencing duty bearers.
• Gender marker.
Attached, herewith, is the application and budget formats including guidelines and instructions, as well as obligatory templates to be annexed to the application.
Project proposals should be submitted using the online form found here. Obligatory annexes should be mailed to IHL@diakonia.se.
Each applying organisation can apply for up to USD $40,000 in line with the budgeting guidelines illustrated in the online application form.
About the application:
Cost eligible from January 1, 2018.
Project duration: 9-12 months.
Application submission deadline: January 15, 2018.
Signing off agreements: End of February 2018.
For technical support and guidance, please contact Ms. Yusra Jamous at email@example.com or Ms. Nadine Tabari at Nadine.firstname.lastname@example.org.