Open job vacancy in Nablus:
Part-time English-Arabic translator with mental health
and psychosocial background
Duration of the contract: 9 months
Médecins du Monde Switzerland (MdM Ch) works in the occupied Palestinian territories since 21 years, with a focus on developing Mental Health Services for Children and Adolescents. In Nablus, the Non Governmental Organization supports the Ministry of Health to upgrade the capacities of its Community Mental Health Center.
MdM runs as well a street work project in southern west bank refugees camps aiming at providing support to children and adolescents ex-detainees and their families.
MdM has lead the establishment of the first Ministry of Health Community Mental Health Center specialozed for children and adolescents in the country, located in Halhul, northern Hebron. The center is now fully operational and autonomous.
MdM Switzerland is looking for a part-time English-Arabic translator to support its program in Nablus and specifically its activities related to Mental Health field.
The translator should have a knowledge of psychological terminology (psychology and psychopathology), both in English and in Arabic.
S/He will assists the Mental Health Advisor and Coordinator in their daily work.
The contract will stand for 3 days a week, these 3 days being identified depending on the work plan of MdMCh.
- proceed with written translation of documents (training material, letters, reports, article, etc...) and oral translation of training sessions: translation of the trainers' presentation, translation of the questions/comments of the trainees,
- orally translates psychological consultations,
- provide translation during internal and external meetings.
- Proficiency in English and in Arabic, French as an Asset,
- Background in Psychology, Social Work, Special Education or Rehabilitation,
- Previous working experience as translator,
- Flexibility in work plan and tasks,
- Interest in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Care services.
Deadline for application: 15th of October.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter in English to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CV and letters sent in Arabic will not be considered.