World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian aid agency working with the most marginalized and poor communities of the world.
World Vision JWG is seeking a:
Faith in Development Officer
The successful candidate will:
• Engage and contribute to the development of the National Office strategy.
• Prepare the annual FinD operational plans and budgets
• Develop opportunities of engagement with local churches and promoting partnerships with them in coordination with the programmes department.
• Create partnerships between international churches and local churches
• Prepare and submit programmatic reports to National Office leadership, Senior Management, donors and the Regional Office
• Develop FinD-related capacity building initiatives and programmes.
• Perform other duties as requested by the National Director
• Bachelor degree in Development studies. Bachelor’s Degree in Theology preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in development work preferably with INGOs
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent writing skills in English and Arabic
• Ability to work and communicate at grass-roots level
• Strategic thinking and design capabilities for research, strategy and programmes, proper project management skills
• Ability to develop reports and proposals
• Good understanding of financial management
• Consistent achiever – ensures high level of quality and service
• Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively
• Ability to think clearly, deeply and broadly
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships
• Valid driving license
• Integrity and strong identification with WV Core Values
• Position is based in Jerusalem
Deadline for application: 24 January 2016
All applications should be done through : Careers website: careers.wvi.org/jwg
We thank all applicants for their interest, but regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated in confidence. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employee staff whose background is not suitable for working with children.