World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian aid agency working with the most marginalized and poor communities of the world.
World Vision JWG is seeking a:
The successful candidate will:
• Provide leadership in the development, review, implementation and monitoring of operational business plans in alignment with WVJWG’s strategic plan, Regional & Global Strategy frameworks.
• Provide a focused integrated vision for Operation’s Teams, ensuring that the vision is communicated, understood and implemented.
• Ensure that the communications and representation of WVJWG with WV Support Offices and donors is of the highest quality and transparency
• Lead the network of relationship with other international non-governmental organizations and government officials in an effort to obtain experience and co-ordinate information regarding current and future work in the country
• Ensure the management and regular review of all operations budgets, project funding, expenditures and accomplishment of ministry objectives.
• Perform other duties as requested by the National Director
• Bachelor Degree in a development related field. Masters degree is an advantage.
• Minimum of 10 years proven experience in development, prgrams design and community work
• At least 8 years experience in management roles
• Able to manage change effectively.
• Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
• Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategy into effective implementation
• An effective communicator, speaking, listening and facilitating as appropriate.
• Able to influence at a senior level adopting different styles where needed.
• Culturally sensitive, able to empathize, seeking to understand.
• In depth local knowledge and cultural understanding.
• Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic.
• Training and experience in capacity building.
• Competence in media management and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated innovative technical leadership, being at the forefront of new ideas and approaches
• A quick and willing learner, asking the right questions or the right people and accessing sources of knowledge with ease.
• Committed to transformational development
• A strong network of peers in the development field, ideally both within WV and within other agencies.
• Valid driving license
• Integrity and strong identification with WV Core Values
• Position is based in Jerusalem
Deadline for application: 26 January 2016
All applications should be done through : Careers website: careers.wvi.org/jwg
We thank all applicants for their interest, but regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated in confidence. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employee staff whose background is not suitable for working with children.