Figure request: PROJECT MANAGER WASH
Duty station: Palestine – Gaza Strip (Gaza Governorate, North of Gaza Governorate e
Project Office: Gaza Strip – East Jerusalem.
Sectors / Areas of intervention: water, environment, land and natural resources management, climate change and psico – social support.
Availability: from November 2016. Contract length: 7 months
DESCRIPTION: Emergency Project (AID 10736), made by Overseas in consortium with CISS NGO, is co-funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) – Jerusalem Office. The project provides a structured intervention in WASH and psycho - social support/ educational sectors for those vulnerable population in the Buffer Zone – Gaza Strip. The main objective of the project is improving the availability and quality of drinking water due to the construction of a well for civilian use, distribution of water tanks and filters for water purification for households and strengthening the mechanisms of protection by a psycho - social intervention for vulnerable households Khuza'a, Al - Shujaiyeh and Beit - Hanoun - Gaza Strip.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Project Manager WASH will be responsible for overall coordination, implementation and management of the project and its activities, in collaboration with international and local partners, ensuring the achievement of project objectives and adherence to the fundamental principles of cooperation development.
In particular the Project Manger WASH will be responsible for:
1. Coordination and general monitoring of the project. In particular:
a) Reports relating to relevant meetings with donors, project partners and other institutional stakeholders to be drawn in the case of very high importance and urgency; b) interim report and final report required by the donor (in coordination with the Italian HQ); c) sending documents, studies and articles whatever information material that allows the HQs to learn more about the project sites and also the country with the aim of advocacy actions; d) liaising with all parties and local stakeholders, for the implementation of specific components.
Specifically, the project leader should coordinate with CISS NGO in the management of internal and external communications, purchasing procedures, management and administration in general, coordination for the implementation of activities.
2. Administration. Specifically: a. Quarterly spending forecast to be updated on a monthly basis; b. monthly accounting (cash and bank); c. compliance and check supporting documents for expenses incurred both from Overseas and by the project partners; d. delivers such documentation to the Italian HQ on a monthly basis.
3. Coordinate the work of local staff and any other expats on the on-site project, to ensure a unified presence of the NGO Overseas, in particular: a. follows the daily activities in the field; b. ensures that all staff is informed about the objectives, results and project implementation strategy, the strategy of the NGOs and the donor.
4. Coordination with local partners in all phases of project implementation, both in the selection of beneficiaries, distribution of goods and materials and rehabilitation (tender procedures);
5. Take care of and following the on-site relations with the donor (AICS);
6. Keep informed about the planning activities with various institutions and stakeholders as possible.
7. Establish and heal relationships with other organizations in the same area of intervention in order to avoid contradictory actions and explore possible cooperation;
8. Report regularly at the Country Representative or to the Italian Desk in order to agree the decisions that modify project strategies and / or the use of financial resources.
9. Organize local missions for HQ Overseas personnel responsible for the project and other expatriate staff to conduct monitoring missions;
10. Build and maintain an archive of project / information documents and manage project data;
11. Follow the logistics required by the project and security requirements, such as risk assessments, visas of expatriate staff, coordination with the Country Representative in case of need for security constraints.
Minimum requirements for this position:
Relevant degree in the field of the project relevant area (Civil Engineering, Environmental or similar);
Proven training and experience in managing water resources;
At least 2 years of experience in the management of WASH projects as Project
Previous experience in crisis and emergency situations, preferably in the emergency sector and preferably in Palestine;
previous knowledge or previous experience in the area of intervention, ability to manage situation of extreme emergency, knowledge of systems of coordination in case of need of evacuation from the work area;
Excellent knowledge and experience of financial and operational management
processes in emergency contexts;
Competence in managing field projects, flexibility , team work oriented, punctuality, high organization capability;
Well knowledge and application of the donor procedures (AICS);
Very good knowledge of the context of intervention from a social and community (Gaza Strip);
Advanced computer skills (MS Office);
Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken); preferably knowledge of
It will be considered an advantage previous experience in countries of the
Middle East and Palestine; Departure: November 2016
To submit your application: send CV in English (three references) and motivation letter in English to email@example.com .
Subject: Project Manager WASH AID 10735 Palestine
Applications deadline: 21/10/2016
Because of the high number of applications received, only candidates’ pre - selected for an interview will be contacted.
The interviews will take place in Overseas headquarters in Spilamberto (MO). For those candidates living abroad, the interview will take place by skype.
Applications received after the date of 21/10/2016 will not be considered, as also the applications sent incomplete.