Position: Finance Assistant in West Bank
Reports to: Finance Assisatnt Coordinator
Duty station: Jerusalem
Duration and type of contract: Open end
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The Finance assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the Finance functions responsibilities. She/he will be assisting the finance department in NRC WB with but not limited to cash and bank payments.
1. Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Promote NRC Policies rules and regulations in relation to payments andf Finance Handbook
3. Contribute to structure of the filing system in West bank Office
4. Carry out any other task requested by line Manager
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
1. Check all supporting documents of payments to make sure that they are complete, correct and in compliance with NRC rules and regulations.
2. Prepare cheques and bank transfers for West bank Office on a timely manner and ensure that that cash payments are correctly recorded in cashboxes.
3. Prepare Post backs and Posting invoices through Agresso after being checked by line Supervisor
4. Prepare monthly tax, HI and NI payment slips and other obligations for payments
5. Prepare payments of rental contracts according to the rental contracts.
6. Prepare Weekly reconciliation of banks for West bank office
7. Updating Tracking sheets such Utilities Tracking Sheet
8. Assist in photocopying, scanning, and archiving documents in the file systems for the Finance Department.
9. Stamp all invoices by Paid and donor Stamps
10. Assist the Finance Officer in his work With auditors
11. Assist the Logistics Department in providing financial data in relation to Cost Assessments and procurement plans.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a Finance Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• At least 3 years of experience in accountancy
• Good command of English and Arabic, both written and orally
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Relevant work experience with Agresso is desirable
• Experience with computers, particularly Excel and database programmes.
• Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
• Ability to work under pressure and independently