JERUSALEM – WEST BANK – GAZA
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) is an international non-governmental development and relief organisation, working worldwide to provide food, shelter, economic self-sufficiency, and hope. All assistance is provided on the basis of need alone. IOCC has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza (JWBG) since 1997 providing assistance to vulnerable Palestinians and communities through various emergency relief and/or development programs.
IOCC seeks a Field Coordinator (FC) – [Two Positions] to be based in IOCC’s Gaza Field Office.
Summary of the Position:
The Field Coordinator will work under the direction of the IOCC Project Officer in the management, implementation, supervision and monitoring of IOCC programs and projects in the Gaza Strip. S/he will be required to liaise and work closely with IOCC Gaza Program Director and IOCC Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Job Location: Gaza City
• Assist IOCC Project Officer and Program Director (PD) in the implementation of the livelihood and emergency projects/programs in accordance with grants agreements and with full compliance to donor regulations.
• Assist the IOCC Project Officer and PD in supervising the work of other project staff and IOCC local/community partners, including the provision of necessary guidance and support.
• As directed/requested, lead the project implementation on the field in reaching the project objectives and in accordance to the project implementation plan and timeline.
• Lead and supervise the work of the local Community Based Organization (CBOs), site engineers and livelihood and emergency projects’ beneficiaries.
• Organize and ensure proper, transparent and efficient beneficiary selection; follow-up and monitoring of the process.
• Conduct regular field visits and follow-up and monitoring to program sites and as per the planned schedule and activities, and provide regular reporting on the progress, achievements, constraints, etc.
• Collect and verify the documentation related to beneficiary selection, field site visits, beneficiary training attendance, and other project activities.
• Collect base line and needs assessment data.
• Work closely with IOCC partner and project staff to ensure compliance of project monitoring and evaluation forms by staff and beneficiaries.
• Assist in developing the knowledge and capacity of IOCC local project/program partners, in order to improve their project implementation skills and knowledge.
• Assist in ensuring effective coordination of project/program implementation with the local partners /CBOs or technical partners.
• As directed/requested, to provide data and information necessary for the preparation and provision of project/program reports, success stories, tracking all implementation and activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
Managerial and supervisory skills; computer skills; social work; community development; interpersonal communication skills; advanced written communication; fluently in Arabic and English.
Ability to build strong personal and organizational relationships with all internal and external staff, partner organization, local communities CBOs and other contacts; sensitivity to cultural conditions and practices; capability to implement programs with sizeable budgets; tenacity in observing procedures, regulations, local laws and other requirements in implementing and maintaining IOCC programs; ability to think strategically, analyze issues, and make appropriate recommendations.
University Degree in Social Sciences.
A minimum of 3-5 year experience is preferred, working with international/local development and relief organizations, preferably in the country of assignment; focusing on field work and program implementation.
Interested candidates should send their C.V. together with a cover letter stating their relevant experience to the following e-mail: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is COB Thursday 13 October 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.