Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes around the world through operations of emergency relief, rehabilitation and development. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Job title: Social Worker, Full time
Reporting to: Projects Officer
Location: Ramallah Office
Duration: 10 months ( Extendable)
Starting Date: ASAP
The Social Worker will assist the Projects Officers in monitoring and tracking programs department projects. The key responsibilities are to give support to the Projects Officers and ensure a good follow up and monitoring of the projects coordination procedures. This position requires a highly motivated hardworking and responsible person, who is required to conduct home and field visits targeting mainly vulnerable communities within West Bank Governorates, awareness sessions, meet with potential beneficiaries and local CBOs in West Bank marginalized communities, fill out questionnaires, need assessment surveys and reflect the results in a narrative analysis reports submitted directly to the Projects Officer. Other attributes required for this role include flexibility (working days/time and field visits) as it will be required to work 5 days a week, 8 Hours a day.
In addition to reflecting the finding results in comprehensive qualitative and quantitative reports.
He / She will assist in following up procedures in accordance with SIF policies and guidelines.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability to work well as part of the team to deliver accurate work under tight deadlines.
The job includes, but is not limited to the tasks described below:
Social Worker Tasks:
• Conduct interviews with the beneficiaries and family members to assess their general socioeconomic situation and needs.
• Conduct regular follow up visits, Monitors and evaluates progress of the projects activities.
• Design and conduct satisfaction surveys and evaluation questionnaires with beneficiaries.
• Conduct and organizing awareness sessions for different targeted groups in line with the projects objectives.
• Participate in meetings/visits to different stakeholders to meet the project objectives.
• To identify, evaluate and make recommendations concerning communities’ needs.
• Prepare and update a detailed work action plans under the Projects’ officer’s supervision.
• Socioeconomic analyses and reporting.
• Observing, analysis, and reporting the special needs of vulnerable families. • Assist in any other tasks necessary and relevant to the operations of the Programs Department.
• Conducting the full coordination with local communities CBO’s, village councils, and different projects stake holders.
• To perform any other duties requested by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BA in social sciences, management of humanitarian projects, social work.
• At least 3 year experience, preferably in the field of humanitarian projects and public awareness.
• Experience in a similar position and previous experience of working for a non-governmental organization will be considered an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in monitoring of projects\ Activities, data collection and analysis and high quality reports writing.
• Experience and skills in building good working relationship with local partners.
• Experience working in remote communities and good cultural, cross-cultural knowledge and interpersonal skills.
• Has experience in household visiting.
• High level computer skills: Microsoft Word, Internet, Excel, Outlook
• Language skills (reading, writing, spoken) to working level in English and Arabic.
• Demonstrated commitment to work as part of the team, in a supportive role.
• Qualities: team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable and highly motivated.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Attention to details.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure, and to complete ad hoc work with quality and attention to details.
• Willingness to travel within West Bank areas.
• Driving License
• Language skills: French will be an asset
How to Apply:
Submit a resume, cover letter, including 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to
firstname.lastname@example.org in English only. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include exact position. Deadline to apply is December 05th 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.