LIVELIHOOD PROJECTS MANAGER – GAZA STRIP
Manage and Develop innovative propositions regarding Livelihood interventions
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organisation for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programmes in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip (GS) Mission in the Palestinian Territory (PT) was established in 2008, and since then has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF GS is a member of the Food Security, including Agriculture, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in all cluster meetings. SIF GS also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations in the GS and local NGOs to assess, share information and coordinate project implementation. The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
Since 2008, SIF GS has implemented many emergency, seasonal and developmental projects in several sectors, including food security, including agriculture, education, child protection, WASH, health & nutrition and shelter & NFIs.
DEFINITION OF THE FUNCTION
The Livelihood Projects Manager is under the Head of Mission’ responsibility for all operational aspects, s/he also works in close cooperation with all the team.
• Conduct needs assessment of the current situation in Gaza Strip related to livelihood aspects in order to draw future intervention
• Give recommendations and participate in the writing of new Livelihood projects proposal submissions,
• Plan and organize livelihood and agriculture programmes
• Manage the projects team/partners,
• Ensure the capacity building and supervision of national workers in livelihood program,
• Monitoring and Evaluation of the projects,
• Coordinate SIF activities with Partners
• Monitor field activities, and regular collection of data and compile in weekly activity report,
• Prepare monthly and final projects report,
• Set up methodology of intervention adapted either to rural and urban development ,
• Reporting, project analysis and reorientation,
• Implication, participation and cooperation with the other SIF intervention sector: Childhood, WASH, Protection/shelter, Seasonal Project
• Take an active part in the drafting of activities reporting to donors and SIF headquarters,
• Represent SIF to donors, UN, international and national NGOs, and national authorities conducting WASH programs to ensure most appropriate program decisions and culturally appropriate activities.
• Agriculture and livelihood background engineer degree required,
• At least 3 years experiences in the related field of SIF interventions
• Multidisciplinary approach: intervention capacity with the different strand of action (Agriculture, food security, child care, relief, rehabilitation and development),
• Data collection, analysis and synthesis skills,
• Management and reporting skills,
• Excellent communication skills and flexibility,
• Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework),
• Excellent written and spoken English (essential),
• Computer skills (Word, Excel),
• Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
• Ability to lead and participate in teams but also to work independently.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, Networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
Location: Gaza Strip
Duration: 1 year renewable
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Livelihood Projects Manager: (Ref #: 2016/05/ LM)
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & letter of motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above) and two professional references for their last two employers no later than 02:00 p.m. on 28th November, 2016 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected.
Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer