GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Advocacy Manager is a Gaza-based position. The Advocacy Manager will work with and report closely to Gaza Strip Field Coordinator in charge of supervising the Advocacy activities in the Gaza strip. A close collaboration will be done with Advocacy officer in oPt and quality department.
The advocacy activities will be a major component under PUI’s intervention in 2016-2017 funded by the European Commission Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection office (ECHO) notably towards farmers and vulnerable women working and living in the Access Restricted Area (ARA).
The successful candidate for this position will be contracted for 10 months (renewable). He/she will be responsible for supporting the oPt advocacy officer and GSFC in implementing advocacy activities related to the ECHO project and will be undertaking the following duties:
• Develop further and implement PUI’s advocacy strategy for the Access Restricted Area using evidence-based facts to advocate effectively and efficiently for farmers rights to access their lands and livelihoods
• Mapping of all key actors including local CBOs in the ARA,
• Meet and understand advocacy strategies of other key actors in the ARA for joint initiatives advocating for farmers’ rights on free access to land,
• Organize specific workshops in collaboration with key actors for better coordinated interventions targeting small-scale farmers in the ARA,
• Sensitize PUI staff and local CBOs partners on PUI advocacy work and data collection mechanism,
• Initiate coordination meetings with local CBOs partners on advocacy activities,
• Work closely with communication officer to propose ideas for success stories and thematic videos,
• Participate in Advocacy Working Group, AIDA and EWASH meetings according to needs for advocacy work in Gaza Strip
• Draft background briefings, case studies, fact sheets, press releases, lobby letters, opinion editorials, and substantive analytical reports in close coordination with expat advocacy officer,
• Support the expatriate Advocacy Officer in monitoring and analyzing the political and operational environment in the oPt and identify trends and opportunities for advocacy.
• Prepare specific policy papers and presentation brief reports for lobbying trips in close coordination with expat advocacy officer, ( targets: French and European decisions makers, European farmers unions etc)
• Participate effectively in drafting interim and final reports in close collaboration with quality department
Note: The position is a full time job. It is a contract of 10 months (renewable depending on availability of funds) with approbation period of 3 months.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume including a salary history, 2 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Send your application to: email@example.com. The email subject line should include the following position name, the closing date is: March 10, 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.