Action Against Hunger (ACF) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
ACF is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Hygiene Promotion and Water Sampling Technical Assistant - Part time
For a period of 8 months
The Candidate will:
• Collect water samples from domestic and drinking water tanks at household level.
• Calibrate and use Del Aqua Kit for water testing (chemical and biological parameters).
• Document and archive all required data for each water sample according to ACF and/or donor procedures.
• Enter, analyse and report all water tests results.
• Follow up the water quality in targeted households by using specific monitoring and evaluation tools.
• Support Hygiene Promotion Officer in correct implementation of the community awareness activities and monitor these activities through regular field visits.
• Assist Hygiene Promotion Officer to manage community mobilizers in the field.
• Support Hygiene Promotion Officer to organize information, meetings and workshops with community members to develop their knowledge in terms of water quality and hygiene practices.
• Support Hygiene Promotion Officer during distribution of hygiene kits.
• Contribute to writing of internal project reports.
• Contribute to the internal reports and submit to the Hygiene Promotion Officer.
• Participate in writing D3AF mid-term and final reports to the donor in collaboration with Hygiene Promotion Officer.
• Follow the specific safety rules of the security plan of the mission and the base and ensure the safety of management tasks that can be added to the protocols.
• Communicate with security focal point in the base any information related to the safety or the failure of the security plan
Profile of the Candidate:
• Minimum Diploma in laboratory testing, public health, environmental engineering, or chemistry.
• Knowledge in water sampling and testing.
• At least five (5) years-experience in water sampling and testing. Proven experience in hygiene promotion/conducting community awareness activities.
• At least three years-experience in humanitarian or emergency programming and strong preference for experience in WASH projects.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Capacity to apply organizational rules and procedures.
• Capacity to treat information confidentially.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
• Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
• MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software.
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 13th March 2016.
PLEASE indicate the reference WASH/TTPP/16/01 in all correspondence.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.