Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the following vacancy in it’s Ramallah Office for a duration of 9 months:
PCARL Project Manager - Position Ref.#: (PM/WB/2016)
The PCARL (Partnership for Community-led Action for Resilience and Livelihoods) Project Manager will lead the implementation of Save the Children’s DRR project funded by the BMZ 2013-2016 and managing the national team (staff based in both the West Bank and Gaza).
PCARL project manager will plan organize and supervise the implementation of PCARL project ensuring sound programming and quality implementation of program implementation through effective partnerships in West Bank and East Jerusalem ensuring timely and quality delivery according to the program design within the budget and SCI and donor regulations. Provide leadership to project team and effectively coordinate with GZ Senior Managers to ensure efficiency and effective implementation. Present the program to community, partners and other key stakeholders. Project Manager will ensure successful close out of the current phase and will contribute in the design of any potential follow on program for the current donor or other donors.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Lead the implementation of DRR consortium funded by the BMZ
· Liaise with and coordinating the activities and approaches of all partners around DRR
· Lead effective financial planning and management of DRR consortium activities
· Prepare, or ensure preparation of, timely project and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
· Work with the Monitoring & Evaluation team, ensure project M & E plans are in place, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and ensure technical field staff have the capacity to carry out the work.
· Work with the staff, put in place accountability activities for the project, ensuring that feedback from all relevant stakeholders is considered in project design.
· Lead the development of DRR awareness raising material in coordination with relevant PDQ staff
· Support the development of DRR projects when requested (including projects that have DRR activities) in coordination with other programme and PDQ staff
· Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct and locally applied standards.
· Identify learning and training opportunities for Save the Children staff and partners, especially with regards to DRR.
· Support partners to develop their awareness on DRR programming and develop their EPPs
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning: (as requested by supervisor)
· Work in collaboration with national and possibly regional Save the Children focal points for DRR
· Document lessons learned from the projects, for wider dissemination.
· In collaboration with senior programme staff, assist in advocacy activities that target decision-makers at all levels.
Human Resource Management:
· Manage an inter-departmental team of 2, depending on budget
· Responsible for close coordination with programme senior managers in WB (regular) and Gaza ( coordination ad/hoc level)
· Support the capacity building of project team and partners on DRR, EPP, community-based DRR approaches and methodologies.
· Deliver high quality results in line with the terms of reference, in a way which maintains the reputation of SC.
· Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Applications will be considered based on the following essential criteria:
- College/University education and basic knowledge in a professional field including protection, DRR, international development, food security and livelihoods.
- 3 -7 years experience in related field and in management level with progressively responsible experience.
- Previous NGOs and developmental experience in similar or equivalent capacity.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent programming skills in relevant areas including protection, livelihoods and humanitarian response.
- Excellent reporting skills and technical writing.
- Excellent computer skills and applications
- Excellent people skills and staff leadership.
- Previous experience in advocacy and communication/material creations.
- Previous experience and Emergency and Humanitarian response.
Applications should be submitted to the Apply Now Option on the website no later than March 17, 2016, please make sure to mention the position name and / OR number in the subject. The selection committee will review all applications as they are received. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Application package should include the following:
Cover letter with the applicant’s current contact information and position applying for in the subject.
Resume including Professional References (minimum of three, with complete contact information)
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. All applicants will also be subject to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and reference checking process.