Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the following (Part time) vacancy in it’s Ramallah Office:
Early Childhood Care and Development Senior Project Officer –
Position Ref.#: (ECCD SPO /WB/2016)
The ECCD Senior Project Officer (SPO) will be responsible for the supervision of the Early Childhood Care and Development project(s) in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, to ensure the quality and effectiveness of programming in accordance with grant proposals and guidelines, as well as SC values and principles. The Officer will provide input into the strategic vision and direction to the SC Early Childhood Care and Development programme in East Jerusalem and West Bank, including the allocation of resources and ensuring that appropriate controls are maintained at all levels.
The ECCD SPO will be responsible for overseeing the overall implementation of the activities and coordinating the partnership with local organizations and national and international stakeholders. The officer will work closely with the counterpart in Gaza and with the local implementing partner(s). He/She will also organize and coordinate workshops, trainings, seminars, and awareness campaigns involving children, youth and adults and partake in needs assessments and evaluations for the projects.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1 Planning
· Work in close relation with the Direct Supervisor and project partners to develop project work plans, financial plans and monthly strategies and synergies.
· Liaise with each implementing partner(s) and coordinate project activities to ensure that the activities in each results area are implemented in accordance with the project proposal and agreement.
· Ensure that the different components are integrated and that inputs from as wide a cross section as possible are incorporated to facilitate successful implementation of the program.
· Provide technical input into ECCD project implementation and supervision of the project(s).
· Keep apprised of developments in the early childhood education sector on a national and international level, through relevant literature, trainings, active participation in working groups, etc.
· Draft ToRs, MoUs and to organize regional events and campaigns
Key Area 2: Coordination, monitoring and reports:
· Develop and maintain close relationships with partners, including the Ministry of Education, in the project through continuous updates, support and participation in meetings.
· Work with the MEAL team to support in the development of M&E tools and activities that ensure sound monitoring of the project.
· Monitor project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the projects Logical Framework and M&E and implementation plans.
· Liaise regularly with implementing partners to ensure the timely submission of implementation plans, budgets, project reports and other project documents, and that co-financing contributions are provided as agreed in the project documents.
· Organize and conduct regular field visits including ad-hoc visits for members and donors, to observe progress towards to stated targets.
· Support the implementing partner in managing risk and in developing risk mitigation measures.
· Ensure proper, professional, documented and clear communication with project partners regarding all aspects of the project activities.
· Participate and contribute to the organization of training and awareness sessions.
· Assist the Direct Supervisor in preparing monitoring reports (technical and financial) for submission to multiple donors according to timelines agreed upon and procedures.
· Suggest troubleshooting options with the partners to remove any obstacle that might arise during project implementation.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the projects, including the keeping of financial and other records to facilitate audits.
· Coordinate with the responsible accounting and administrative staff for the issuance of invoices, quotations for project’s procurement and related financial and administrative matters
· Monitor the procurement of goods and services for the project and ensure execution according to the rules and guidelines established by relevant donors.
· Plan and coordinate activities with the implementing partners for project visibility according to the guidelines of the multiple donors and Save the Children
· Assist the MEAL manager and Direct Supervisor to facilitate project evaluation exercises.
· Organize project steering committee meetings and prepare the minutes of the meetings with the project partners and Ministry.
· Submit results-based reports and quarterly reports on the project progress and those required by members and donors and ensure delivery before the deadline to the Direct Supervisor.
· Facilitate assessment and monitoring missions in coordination with the Direct Supervisor, and where necessary, provide professional technical advice to project partners;
· Keep accurate, up-to-date records of all aspects of the project and ensure adequate filing for the entire project documentation.
· Ensure that reports of activities and materials to be delivered are sent on time, as required by specific dates and deadlines, communicating them in advance to the staff in charge.
· Maintain and update the schedule of events and deadlines to be notified on time to the staff involved.
· Work closely and communicate regularly with other departments, including finance, procurement and Program Development and Quality to ensure sound implemenation of the project(s).
Key Area 3: Material Creation, Advocacy, Visibility
· Provide support and input into related advocacy work.
· Support the development of communication and visibility materials, coordinating with the partners and liaising with the Communication Officer.
· Support the development of community-specific advocacy strategies, together with the partner, Communications team and Direct Supervisor.
· Ensure that all donor branding and visibility requirements are fulfilled.
· Provide training on related topics to peers and partners staff.
Represent SC and the project in project-related activities and Early Childhood Education events, as relevant, including ECE coordination mechanisms such as in the Education Sector Working Group.
Applications will be considered based on the following essential criteria:
· BA or MA in Education, Early Childhood Education, Pedagogy, Social Work or related field
· Minimum 3 years of experience in education, early childhood education or a related field with progressively responsible experience
· Knowledge and practical experience of project cycle management and results-based management
· Written and verbal fluency in English and Arabic
· Excellent organization and time management skills, able to multi-task and work to strict deadlines
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Experience working with children, schools and parents
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office software
- Relevant experience and understanding of working in partnerships with national organizations, local communities, as well as sensitivity to cultural norms
· Direct experience working on an early childhood education project
· Knowledge of the Early Childhood Education system in Palestine
· Experience developing communications and advocacy materials, including campaigns
- Experience work developing and leading participatory training sessions
- Previous experience working with the Ministry of Education
Applications should be submitted to the Apply Now Option on the website no later than March 17, 2016, please make sure to mention the position name and / OR number in the subject. The selection committee will review all applications as they are received. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Application package should include the following:
Cover letter with the applicant’s current contact information and position applying for in the subject.
Resume including Professional References (minimum of three, with complete contact information.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. All applicants will also be subject to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and reference checking process.