Médecin du Monde Suisse For more than 20 years, Médecins du Monde Switzerland, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies
In Nablus MDM-Ch is working in close collaboration with the Palestinian Ministry of Health (MoH) and provides technical assistance to the Mental Health Unit in order to develop national professional’s competencies in children and adolescent mental health through training and capacity building. In Hebron a project to enhance the psychosocial well-being of ex-detainee children and their families and support reintegration through the creation of peer support groups is on-going.
Position overview The mission in Jerusalem need to reinforce the Fin/HR Department by assuring a proper organisation of tasks and follow-up of procedure and budget with donors. This position requires a well-organized person who will be able to increase into place Médecins du Monde standards and procedures, reinforce the FIN/HR management with support from the HQ.
Requirements for the position
Studies • Essential secondary education.
• Mandatory degree in finance, business or administration related studies
Languages • Fluent English &Arabic, French an asset
Experience • Essential working experience of at least three years in a relevant position (references will be checked up)
• Ability & willingness to work in a complex financial set-up (donors)
• Desirable experience with other NGOs
Knowledge • Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
Is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources/ Finance policies in the project and the correct Administrative Management of all staff working in the project (National, International), along with the follow up of the correct use of Financial Resources in the project.
Main responsibilities and tasks FINANCE
• Ensures that funds are used according to the budget of the project.
• Collects all information concerning activities planned and resources needed for each defined activity.
• Participates in the set out and budgetary translation of the planned activities and the resources needed.
• Analyzes the general and specific monthly budget follow up (analytical points).
• Provides the General Coordinator all information needed for proposing budget and for reporting.
• Shares relevant budgetary information with the Coordinator in the project.
• Be sure that Budget Follow-Up is done and sent to HQ on time.
• Ensures the respect of standard procedures in the management of money, of expenses and of the budget.
• Ensures the correct overall follow up of the project accounting using SAGA accounting software.
• Ensures fluid communication with Finance Department in HQ and that the internal procedures and deadlines are respected.
• Ensures that physical accounting documents are prepared and filed properly.
• Ensures good organization, order and quality of all accounting documents, i.e. invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.
Main responsibilities and tasks HR MANAGEMENT
• Updates organization charts (organigram) and communicates them.
• Ensures all positions existing in the project are defined in a job description and are updated regularly.
• Helps the activity managers and supervisors with the drafting of job descriptions and their regular revision.
• Ensures the administrative part of the recruitment process (job announcements, collecting and screening CVs, practical organization of interviews, participating directly in the interviews, etc.)
• Briefs all the new Managers on required elements of administrative, HR and Finance department rules in place in the project.
• Ensures all new staff benefit from an induction plan in the service he/she is going to work in.
• Plans and follows up the staff’s evaluations together with activity managers and supervisors.
• Participates in the identification of people with potential (whose skills and competencies should be developed in order to take on more responsibilities).
• Supports the practical organization of trainings and/or individual support plans in the project.
• Plans together with the team responsible the holidays of the employees and ensures their follow up.
• Manages possible disciplinary measures, together with General Coordinator and the direct Supervisor.
• Supervises the monthly calculation of the salaries for the staff (including possible seniority) and the calculation of the Social Insurance and withholding taxes.
• Ensures and checks that all data related to monthly salary calculation are correctly entered in HR follow-up excel: days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, etc.
• Ensure that employee’s personal file are correct, complete and updated.
• Ensures that the physical documents of the staff are properly filed
Conditions • Working Hours: Standard office working hours from Sunday to Thursday.
• Gross monthly salary is 7413 ILS
• 6 months contract
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and motivation letter in English to: email@example.com titled “Administrator” before 31/03/2016.