Under the responsibility of the Civil Engineer / Technical Manager, the South, Center & North Technical Field Officer Role is to provide technical recommendations and supervise the implementation of the emergency and preventives measures in the North, Center & South of West Bank.
That mainly – but not exclusively – includes:
- Conducting technical assessment for the emergency & preventive responses
- Follow up & Monitoring of the material delivery with the supplier and community / beneficiaries and Consortium Partners
- Assessment, Delivery and monitoring after demolition
Internally, He/she will contribute in reporting, updating the activity follow up tools and work plans.
Externally, she/he will develop the community mobilization, relations with the municipality councils, identification of local partners if relevant, identification of opportunities/vulnerable groups and communities, etc.
In addition, He/she is responsible in alerting the team about any related protection issue/incident occurring in the area of intervention. She/he will ensure that the PUI procedures and regulations are fully respected during the implementation of the livelihood activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Conducting Technical assessments related to preventive & emergency responses
- Conducting field visit in order to evaluate the feasibility and the technical specifications (etc.) of the potential emergency /preventives responses identified
- Cross checking the collecting information with different source of information (CEW; VC. Suppliers; victims; Geographical Partner)
- Conducting a risk assessment for each proposed response including the formulation of some recommendation of material delivery and installation (i.e. Area C)
- Updating the Technical assessment with the technical specifications and budget according to the ongoing tender
- Being part of the emergency and preventive response’s committee selection
2. Supervising and monitoring the delivery of the material in the North, Center & South
- After the validation of the response, coordinating with the supplier the delivery of the material
- To ensure delivery of construction material. Establishing the bill of quantities and delivery notes.
- Coordinating the delivery & installation of the material with the community, victims and the consortium Partners
- Monitoring the smooth implementation the material by conducting regular field visit and writing reports
- Document all activities by collecting and providing all necessary information and taking photos before/after the activity. )
2. Assessment and monitoring after demolition
- With the support of the Civil Engineer-Technical Manager, conducts assessment and monitoring of the response after demolition incident.
Civil Engineer – Technical Manager
Works in coordination with
WB Field Coordinator
Protection Team Unit
Logistics & Administrative assistant
This position is based in PUI Field Office in Nablus with at least 70% of the working time spent on the field including Center, South of West Bank (Hebron mainly).
Required knowledge and skill
Bachelor degree preferably in the field of Civil Engineering, Agriculture studies, Agronomist, WASH or related field.
Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in related fields.
Project management certificate is preferred.
Valid and clean driving license.
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into the team, suitability for the job and assignment)
Very good knowledge of North West Bank villages and ability of movement in the field.
Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
Professionalism, presentation, communication and networking skills.
Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to work with various partners, in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies
Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Sense of diplomacy
Dynamic team player.
Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project and the Internet
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume including a salary history, 2 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should include the following position name: Technical Field Officer, the closing date is: March 15, 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.