Location: East Jerusalem, with regular travel to West Bank and Gaza
Work Schedule: 80 to 100%
Starting date: 1 August 2016
I. Background on Tdh:
Tdh is a Swiss non-governmental organisation that has been implementing humanitarian projects in the Palestinian territory since 1973. It is the largest non-governmental organisation for children’s aid in Switzerland. It undertakes to support the most vulnerable members of society through child protection and juvenile justice projects. Tdh has development projects and emergency relief programs in 34 countries and currently has operations in Hebron, Bethlehem and Gaza.
Tdh is seeking to hire a Safety Security and Logistics Specialist to join its team in Jerusalem. The position will report directly to the Country Representative on security and safety issues and to the Head of Finance, Administration and Coordination on other aspects of the job.
II. Position Profile:
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
• Join and maintain informal connections amongst a network of security and safety officers in Palestine.
• Receive and dispatch relevant security and safety information to all concerned.
• Provide formal orientation to visitors and coordinate security and safety training/briefings.
• Update Security and Safety Plans, SOPs and other documents as necessary.
• Keep Country Representative, senior staff and visitors updated with analysis and incidents that may affect staff, partners or projects.
• Keep HQs informed through situation report and incident reports as necessary.
• Assist in the implementation and enforcement of the Tdh risk management and Child Safeguarding policy.
• Organize accommodation, flights, transportation and provide assistance to expatriates, visitors and staff traveling to or within the OPT.
• Manage the procurement process through the different stages: orders, tracking, taking delivery, any customs clearance and conformity checks.
• Manage the office equipment, maintenance, and stationeries.
• Liaise with Israeli and Palestinian authorities to facilitate working permits, visas, access permits.
• Ensure that safety equipment is present, up-to-date and in compliance.
• Undertake other duties that may be determined by his or her supervisor or Terre des hommes Country Representative.
• Full commitment and qualified experience in staff safety and security.
• A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant degree.
• At least 4 years of experience in a similar position preferably with an NGO.
• Fluency in English, Arabic and Hebrew. The working language in the office is English.
• Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of VHF radio systems or equivalent is a plus.
• Strong organisational and planning skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to manage day to day interactions with contracted external service providers.
• Valid Driving License and ability to drive regularly to Gaza and West Bank
IV. Application and Procedure:
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications received beyond this deadline, hand-delivered or mailed to the office, will not be considered. No additional information will be provided by phone or email.
Please write “Safety Security and Logistics Specialist” in the subject of your application email.
Due to high volume of applications only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis; interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.
It is the policy of the Terre des hommes Foundation to protect children’s rights which includes the prevention of child abuse in all forms; neglect, physical, emotional and sexual abuse. The selected candidate is required and expected to commit to respecting Child Safeguarding Policy, commit to ensure the best implementation possible of Child Safeguarding Policy in Palestine, commit to inform the Country Representative and to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of violation, even potential, to the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Thank you for your interest in Terre des hommes.