Economic Development Manager– Gaza Based
12 months fixed-term national Contract
Salary 107,376 ILS Gross per annum
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in more than 90 countries as part of a global movement for change. We aim to empower people to create a future that is secure, just, and free from poverty. Oxfam has been present in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and Israel (OPTI) since the 1950s, and established a country office in the 1980s. We work with the most vulnerable communities in the occupied Palestinian Territory.
We are looking for an experience programme Manager to lead our DANDA funded economic development programme.
We welcome applications for the position from people who have the required experience and skills. The right attitude to Oxfam’s ways of working and a real passion for being part of our diverse workforce is required.
Skills and Competencies:
• Master’s Degree from a recognised university in Economics, Development Economics or Business Administration or any other related fields.
• At least 5 years of experience in economic recovery/development programs within a fragile context.
• Understanding and knowledge of economic recovery principles in development context.
• Experience in urban contexts.
• Proven experience of market systems development and Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approaches.
• Experience of conducting and analysing needs assessments.
• Exposure to business start up initiatives
• Experience in management and capacity building of partners and teams in complex contexts.
• Experience of budgeting, supporting partners in budgeting and in cash forecasting
• Experience in procurement activities and procedures
• Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity into programme strategies.
• Good assessment, analytical, monitoring and evaluating and planning skills and project management skills to enable programme delivery.
• Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to relate to people from all backgrounds.
• Experience of producing donor reports
• Good written and spoken English.
• Ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity and experience in working within different cultural contexts requiring cultural sensitivity.
• Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and ability to work under pressure and in response to changing needs.
• Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
• To be familiar with and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct and with the Sphere Humanitarian Charter and Minimum standards.
• Experience of working with local partners in a post emergency/developmental contexts
• Knowledge of other sectors – such as Food Security, Water, Sanitation and Public Health
To find out more and apply, go to www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs quoting ref: INT 2469 for the
Closing date: 11th of June 2016.