Catholic Relief Services
Europe/Middle East/Central Asia (EMECA)
Jerusalem, West Bank & Gaza (JWBG)
Position Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Gaza Field Office
Reports To: Assistant Project Officer
Catholic Relief Services is the international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States and has been present in the Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza since 1961. The CRS/JWBG country program currently supports development/relief programs and activities in the sectors of civil society, humanitarian assistance, youth development, education, and peace & justice. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS/JWBG is seeking 8 Project Coordinators (PCs) to assist in the implementation of livelihoods programming for a 5-year, USAID funded project in Gaza, in the following specific areas:
1. Cash-for-Work: 3-month work opportunities in private sector, agriculture, community infrastructure improvement, and other areas.
2. Cash-for-Internship and Cash-for-Apprenticeship: 6-month paid internship opportunities for youth who have completed university and 6-month paid apprenticeship opportunities for youth who have completed vocational training.
3. Entrepreneurship training and grants to support youth and women start up small businesses
4. Small Capital Grants to support businesses to re-start or expand
Under the supervision of Assistant Project Officers, the PCs will provide broad-based support to CRS’ cash-for-work, cash-for-internship, cash-for-apprenticeship, entrepreneurship, and small capital grants programming, including coordinating and tracking time beneficiary attendance and payments, coordinating engagement with the private sector and host-sites for cash-for-work, cash-for-internship, and cash-for-apprenticeship, conducting field monitoring and support, and supporting logistical planning for entrepreneurship trainings. The positions will also include coordination with partners, reporting, and administrative support. In the event of a large-scale emergency in Gaza, the PCs may be called upon to support any emergency response.
1. Ensure the timely completion of project activities per the implementation and M&E plan.
2. Support livelihoods programming through data collection, information management, communications support, and other relevant tasks.
3. Assist in formulation of project work plans and follow in detail the operational guidance provided for implementation of the project.
4. Assist in community mobilization efforts.
5. Conduct field monitoring visits of project activities and liaise closely with project staff to ensure quality implementation.
6. Maintain adequate administration and filing systems.
Program Quality, Learning and Innovation
1. Ensure adherence to CRS Program Quality standards.
2. Ensure accountability to project beneficiaries and local stakeholders
3. Actively identify opportunities for innovation and project adaptation to improve impact.
4. Take part in regular team, program and staff meetings.
Administration and Compliance:
1. Ensure compliance with CRS policies and procedures, including those of administration, procurement and finance.
2. Ensure compliance with donor specific regulations.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: Assistant Project Officers and Project Officers, other Project Coordinators, Deputy Chief of Party, Chief of Party, and Grants and Compliance Manager.
External: Local and international organizations in Gaza, community leaders, and other local actors.
Prepare performance plans with direct reports and contribute to their learning and development throughout the year. Enable direct reports to continue their professional development while learning on the job and contributing to Agency objectives.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Education: University degree preferred in international development, IT, sociology, economics, or business administration.
1. Minimum of two years’ work experience with local or international NGOs
2. Experience in community mobilization, organization and mediation among local actors using participatory methods;
3. Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic;
4. Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
5. Proven ability to develop progress reports;
6. Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
7. Basic knowledge of USG-funded programs.
1. Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment
2. Skilled in influencing and obtaining cooperation of individuals not under supervisory control; able to manage long-distance relationships to achieve results
3. Utilizes skills in conflict management, peace building and behavior change;
4. Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural).
5. Supports partners to ensure adherence to financial guidelines Committed to the principles of Catholic Social Teaching
6. Committed to the principles of Catholic Social Teaching
1. Serves with Integrity: Manifests CRS mission, values, and guiding principles to help improve the lives of the poor, vulnerable, and voiceless.
2. Models Stewardship: Makes responsible and efficient use of time, talent, money, assets, and natural resources to achieve plans and goals.
3. Develops Constructive Relationships: Builds and maintains mutually beneficial relationships through solidarity.
4. Promotes Learning: Builds the capacity of self, staff and partners to continue learning and innovating to better fulfill our mission.
1. Able to be based in Gaza office;
2. Able to work in a normal office environment with daily travel to the field and visiting partners.
This JD not constitute an exhaustive list of the position’s responsibilities, which may be expanded or reduced at the discretion of the supervisor or senior management.