Fixed Term Service Vacancy
As part of the Food Security Program (FSP) implemented in the West Bank and Gaza with funding from the UN World Food Programme (UN-WFP) and covering the entire Gaza Strip and the three major governorates in the West Bank, Global Communities (also known as CHF International) is seeking qualified candidates to assume the following position:
Human Resources (HR) Manager- Location: Gaza City, Period: 6 Months renewable upon funding availability.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the human resource function in Global Communities’ Food Security Program (FSP) in Gaza. This position implements and monitors Global Communities policies, processes and employee programs for all Gaza-based staff assigned to the FSP, which is implemented in the West Bank and Gaza, covering the entire Gaza Strip and the three major governorates in the West Bank, with funding from the UN World Food Programme (UN-WFP).
The Human Resource Manager is a member of the Gaza FSP management team and provides proactive staffing and policy guidance when budget adjustments are required. This position ensures adherence to policy, procedure and documentation in functional areas such as, but not limited to: recruitment and onboarding, employee relations / grievances, performance management, policy implementation and interpretation, compensation, benefits, timekeeping, employee safety/security and human resources management systems (HRMS). This position is reports to the Human Resources Director in the Ramallah Country Office. All job responsibilities are performed in consultation and coordination with the HR Director in Ramallah.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Comprehensive knowledge of local labor code requirements and their workplace application.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Very strong oral and written Arabic and English communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
• Strong relationship-building, consultative and influencing skills with exceptional interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with diplomacy and tact with all staff.
• High degree of judgment and discretion, adaptability, strong problem-solving skills and independent initiative.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other team members and under pressure, effectively communicate with individuals at all professional levels.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and follow up on outstanding issues.
• Advanced Microsoft Office Program skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Proficient in USAID regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or relevant field.
• Minimum 8 years progressively responsible experience in Human Resources roles, with at least 4 of the 8 years in with an INGO required.
To apply for the position listed above, please send your CV and a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 02-2413614 no later than Thursday 9 June 2016. Please send one application either by email or fax, but not both, indicating the position title and location. Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer.
The above vacancy is also found on our website www.globalcommunities.ps (under Get involved-Job Opportunities).