Catholic Relief Services
Europe/Middle East/Central Asia (EMECA)
Jerusalem, West Bank & Gaza (JWBG)
Position Title: Project Coordinator- Shelter
Location: Gaza Field Office
Reports To: Project Officer - Shelter
Catholic Relief Services is the international humanitarian relief and development agency of the Catholic community in the United States and has been present in the Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza since 1961. The CRS JWBG country program currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, social justice promotion, livelihoods, and civil society strengthening. CRS’s main office is in Jerusalem, with field offices in Gaza and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
The Project Coordinator (PC) will assist in the implementation of our Transitional Shelter Program in Gaza. The PC will coordinate the implementation of project activities in Gaza, including planning and follow up with the local partner, monitoring of the construction process, ensuring high work quality in the field, participation in beneficiary selection process, maintenance of proper project documentation and accurate reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
1. B.A in civil engineering or Architect
2. Minimum of two years’ work experience in humanitarian/development work in Gaza Strip;
3. Experience in community mobilization, organization and mediation among local actors using participatory methods;
4. Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic;
5. Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
6. Proven ability to develop progress reports;
7. Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD);
8. Basic knowledge of USG-funded programs.
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are encouraged to complete the application form and submit their CV and a cover letter that directly addresses the positions requirements on line at http://jobs.crsjwbg.org no later than June 16, 2016.