ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of a Trainer for 12 months period (extendable). The post location is in Bethlehem, Global Platform Palestine.
Start Date: 1st July, 2016
About the Job:
The main purpose of the job is to provide context oriented capacity building trainings for Palestinian youth in the areas of Citizenship Education, leadership, women’s rights, social accountability and the Human Rights Based Approach of ActionAid. In addition, the job demands a highly dynamic individual who is able to transfer knowledge and experience through social and youth hub activities aiming at cultural exchange and personal transformation.
The key responsibilities for this position will be as follows:
• Contextualize and develop Trainings and Training Material: The trainer’s main responsibilities will be to develop and conduct trainings within the specific thematic focus of GP Palestine.
• Co-train courses: Together with other colleagues from the Global Platform, the trainer will facilitate and conduct trainings, sessions and workshops for local youth at the Platform and at the local communities where ActionAid is implementing programs.
• Reporting: the trainer is required to develop end of training report and to demonstrate a good analysis of successes, challenges and opportunities.
• Research: The trainer is expected to always stay updated on new trends and development priorities at global level within the respective thematic focus and to demonstrate knowledge of local and national issues and priorities.
• Creating and taking responsibility to build up and sustain the Global Platform: The trainer should, as part of the Global Platform team, take an active part in and play a central role in the continuous development and build-up process of Global Platform Palestine.
• Self-management, Efficiency, humility, Personal Development and a team player
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor's degree in International Development, Political Science, Global Studies, Sociology, International Relations, Cultural Studies or any related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in providing trainings in the field of Youth empowerment and leadership, citizenship, governance, advocacy, gender, Human Rights Based Approach.
• Ready to work and apply knowledge and skills in a hectic and dynamic work environment.
• Able to take initiative and responsibility of own tasks and duties.
• Engaged and responsible team player.
• Demonstrated commitment to work with the youth and colleagues in an equal and respectful manner where shared learning is essential.
• Creative and innovative.
• Willingness to actively partake in the trainer team of the GP where supervising each other and stepping in for each other when needed is fundamental for the work.
• Prepared and willing to work additional and flexible hours at crucial times.
• Self-driven and able to motivate other colleagues and keep a high spirit in stressful situations.
Indicative salary range: ILS 58,646.00 to ILS 68,106.00 gross per annum.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com no later than 26th June 2016 and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.