SOS Children’s Villages International is a dynamic social development organization active in over 132 countries worldwide, working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children. It operates through a federation network of National Associations (NAs) across the globe, working in the areas of child development and emergency response.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine seeks to recruit for its Emergency Response Programme (ERP): Male and Female Caregivers at the Interim Care Centre in Gaza City. The center serves as a temporary shelter for unaccompanied and separated children; children who have either lost parental care or are at risk of losing this care.
Duration: Limited duration contract
Location/duty station: Gaza City
Position summary: The caregiver provides quality care for the children at the ERP interim care center. The caregiver will respect and implement the SOS Code of Conduct and Child Protection. Caregivers will follow the case management approach to ensure each child receives the care and development they require.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Includes but not limited to:
* Ensuring the proper care of children, this covers: hygiene and cleanliness, clothing, medication, education, etc.
* Performing basic housekeeping tasks and meal preparation for the children
* Ensuring the safety of the children during recreational activities
* Accompanying the children in activities outside the shelter
* Report writing and documentation of the child’s development
Skills and Qualifications:
* University degree Social science/ Psychology or equivalent
* At least 1 years of experience in related field or similar activities
* Proven reporting and communications skills
* Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
* Ability to work flexible hours and night shifts
* Understanding of health and safety in a work environment
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the subject: Caregiver by the 24th June, 2016 Only short listed candidates will be contacted