Position: Alliance2015 Director
Duty station: Brusseles
About Alliance2015: Founded in 2000, Alliance2015 is a strategic partnership of seven European non-governmental organisations engaged in humanitarian and development activities. Alliance2015 members are ACTED/France, Cesvi/Italy, Concern Worldwide/Ireland, HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation/Switzerland, Hivos/The Netherlands, People in Need/Czech Republic and Welthungerhilfe/Germany.
Structure: Alliance2015 is an association, officially registered in the Netherlands under the name Stichting Alliance2015. Its address is c/o Hivos, Raamweg 16, 2591 HL The Hague, The Netherlands. The partnership opted for a rotating Presidency that, since January 2015, is held by Concern Worldwide, with Dominic MacSorley as Alliance2015 President.
Finances: In 2014, Alliance2015 members received a total of €872.9 million (including IBIS). Most of the funding came from the European Union, national governments or other institutional sources.
Role description: The Director will place Alliance2015 on the European map and make it a recognised, respected and sought-after player in humanitarian and development debates. The primary goals are 1) to double European funding for Alliance2015 over the next few years, and 2) to influence and change European policies in the fields of interest to Alliance2015.
Person specification: Candidates will be required to demonstrate experience and achievement against the
• Field experience in one of Alliance2015’s areas of programmatic interest.
• Fundraising and advocacy experience.
• Excellent networking and representation skills.
• Solid understanding of the EU institutions and its decision-making processes as well as policy processes in other international institutions.
• Familiarity with EC funding processes.
• Ability to navigate organisational complexity, specifically, delivering results within a network/matrix structure.
• Excellent spoken and written communications skills in English.
• Tenacity, creativity and a “can-do attitude”.
• Experience of working in both development
and humanitarian sectors.
• Knowledge of another European language.
Appointment process: To apply, please upload an up to date curriculum vitae (including comprehensive details of key achievements and responsibilities) along with a covering letter of application addressing the person specification at
To apply or to download further information on the required qualifications, skills and experience for the role, please visit
www.perrettlaver.com/candidates quoting reference 2568.
Candidates are asked to provide suitable daytime and evening contact numbers and an email addresses.
The closing date for applications is 9am (BST) on Friday 24th June 2016.
For further information https://we.tl/jHRObwLNmW or http://alliance2015.org/index.php?id=58