SOS Children’s Villages Palestine
SOS Children’s Villages International is a dynamic social development organization active in over 132 countries worldwide, working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children. It operates through a federation network of National Associations (NAs) across the globe, working in the areas of child development and emergency response.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine seeks to recruit for its Emergency Response Programme (ERP): Male and Female Caregivers at the Interim Care Centre in Gaza City. The center serves as a temporary shelter for unaccompanied and separated children; children who have either lost parental care or are at risk of losing this care.
Position: Shelter Supervisor
Duration: Limited duration contract
Location/duty station: Gaza City
Line Manager: Emergency response coordinator
Position summary: The Shelter Supervisor ensures quality care for the children at the Emergency Response Project interim care center. The Shelter supervisor will monitor the work of caregivers. He/She will respect and implement the SOS Code of Conduct and Child Protection. The Shelter supervisor will follow the case management approach to ensure each child receives the care and development they require.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Includes but not limited to:
• Prepares written and verbal reports as requested
• Document all visitors, including vendors and volunteers, in daily log.
• On rotating basis with the other home staff, ensure a program schedule to clean all facilities including bathrooms, bedrooms, common quarters, and outdoor premises.
• Participate in program schedule to ensure 24/7 coverage, including emergency backup staffing.
• Provide weekend and/or holiday on-call coverage with other full-time program staff.
• Maintain program and beneficiary confidentiality, including former beneficiaries.
• Hand out prescription and over-the counter medications to caregivers as required
• Provide crisis intervention, safety planning, and resource information to program staff
• Conduct face to face check-ins with staff and provide any needed follow up as needed
• Supervise meal preparation and clean-up.
Assign and monitor completion of daily chores with program staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
University degree Social science/ Psychology or equivalent
Proven management experience is essential
Reporting and communications skills
Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
Ability to work flexible hours and night shifts
Understanding of health and safety in a work environment
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the subject: Shelter supervisor
by the 3rd of July, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted