Economic Development Officer– Gaza Based
12 months fixed-term Contract - D2 national
Salary 92,826 ILS Gross per annum
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in more than 90 countries as part of a global movement for change. We aim to empower people to create a future that is secure, just, and free from poverty. Oxfam has been present in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and Israel (OPTI) since the 1950s, and established a country office in the 1980s. We work with the most vulnerable communities in the occupied Palestinian Territory.
We are looking for an experienced project officer for Oxfam’s Economic Development programme funded by DANIDA in Gaza
We welcome applications for the position from people who have the required experience and skills. The right attitude to Oxfam’s ways of working and a real passion for being part of our diverse workforce is required.
Skills and Competencies: required
• Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university in business administration, economics, ICT, engineering or any other relevant field.
• At least three year experience in programme cycle management
• At least two years of field experience in an NGO setting in the fields of ICT business development, entrepreneurship, SME’s development and business start-ups.
• Competence to offer capacity building support for others
• Knowledge of Gaza and related issues to poverty and suffering
• Experience of working with Partners
• Experience in value chain market mapping
• Good command of English both written and spoken, and good working knowledge of Arabic
• Effective member of team and role model; demonstrates creativity in seeking better ways to do things and shares with team, and promotes high standards.
• Takes responsibility for own work and delegated project/processes (including some leadership).
• Anticipates problems and regularly provides solutions
• Successfully manages conflicting priorities
• Experience of working with local partners in a post emergency/developmental contexts
• Knowledge of other sectors – such as Food Security, Water, Sanitation and Public Health
To find out more and apply, go to www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs quoting ref: INT 2470 for the
Closing date: 15th of June 2016.