Position: Awards Assistant
Contract Duration: 3.5 months
• Participate in the Awards Kick-Off meetings.
• Support program staff to comply with Save the Children partnership policies and procedures, and ensure all implementing partners undergoe legal vetting, and that the appropriate agreements are completed prior to commencing work with Save the Children.
• Support awards’ close-out, helping senior finance officer to ensure all tasks are completed as per the close out checklist, and that all required close-out documentations are kept on file.
• Participates in the process of Pre-Award Assessment for Partners.
• Assist in the process of awarding grants.
• Assist in the new sub awards kick off meetings.
• Ensure opening files to each partnership agreement and make sure it all have documents related to the agreement, all approved financial and narrative reports, and correspondences related to that agreement.
• Work closely with the senior finance officer and ultimately to the senior operations manager.
• Assist in reviewing partners’ financial reports and make sure to have an approved copy of the original financial reports and narrative reports submitted by partners from the program related officer/budget holder.
• Scanning partnership agreements and all annexes, financial and narrative reports, partners audit reports and all the financial payments.
• Participate in the field visits to partners to check the financial report supporting documents, and document the visit by completing the field visit report templates.
• Ensure that all partners’ expenditures are in compliance with SCI and donor guidelines, and that those expenses do not exceed budgets.
• Responsible for preparing and updating the partnerships tracker on monthly basis.
• Follow up with partners to have a copy of the project audit report or the organization audit report submitted to SCI on time.
• Work closely with partners on award close-out process before the agreement’s closure, and after that to complete the checklist, to make sure everything we need according to the agreement is received and a copy is put in the file.
• Assist in reviewing partners’ payment requests and financial reports, make sure they are approved by related budget holders, have a copy of the agreement and approved reports attached to the requests and prepare bank transfer letters.
• Coordinates closely with the senior finance officer to ensure partners’ payments are taking place in a timely manner, are accurate and in accordance with the partnership financial reporting schedule.
• Maintain and ensure compliance with the CO Scheme of Delegation.
• Assist in entering data related to partners to Agresso.
• Participate in the monthly meetings with the Award and Finance team.
• Ensure that partners’ files are complete, and all have documents related to partnership agreements from the pre-award assessment to the close-out.
• Support in audit requirements and facilitate the work of auditors.
• Participates in SCI workshops and other workshops if required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• At least a 3-year experience within the finance department of a national or international organization, including experience with financial management in emergencies.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Experience of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Applications should be submitted at the Apply Now Option on the SCI website no later than
July 24, 2016, please make sure to mention the position name and / OR number in the subject. The selection committee will review all applications as they are received. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Application package should include the following:
• Cover letter with the applicant’s current contact information and position applying for in the subject.
• Resume, including Professional References (minimum of three, with full contact information).
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. All applicants will also be subject to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and reference checking process.