Cesvi is an Italian non-governmental humanitarian and development organization operating in 21 countries in the World. Cesvi has supported Palestinian population for more than 10 years in different sectors. In the last 5 years Cesvi has focused its efforts in Palestine especially in environmental activities, in order to improve the access to and the quality of environmental resources and public services for Palestinian population.
Context: Cesvi has received a grant from the European Commission to implement the 3-year Project “Improvement of environment and hygiene conditions of the community of Shufat refugee camp”. Cesvi is looking for a dedicated and experienced Local Technical Coordinator (LTC) to coordinate technical aspects of field activities. The Local Technical Coordinator will respond to the Project Manager (PM). S/he will work in close collaboration with the Project Staff (both local and international).
The collaboration will start in August 2016.
Duty station: main office in Jerusalem – Beit Hanina
Position status: full-time position
Job Purpose: The LTC will work under the supervision of PM and will be responsible for local networking, field logistics and technical activities of the Project, in close coordination with the staff. S/he will support the logistic office and coordinate and supervise environmental educators on technical activities.
• Collect data relevant for the project, and analyse them in coordination with the PM and technical consultants.
• Provide networking with all the relevant actors of Shufat camp (e.g. Community Based Organizations, UNRWA field staff, neighbourhood committees, and other actors) and stakeholders involved or potentially interested to be involved in waste management.
• Support the logistic office for the development of technical specifications and documents to procure material and equipment, the market analysis, the identification of suppliers, and all the steps required by the procurement process.
• Coordinate all the technical aspects of field activities, from assessment to development of proposals and their implementation.
• Conduct regular field visits in order to accomplish with his/her tasks.
• Cooperate with all the relevant stakeholders, including UNRWA and Overseas staff.
• Prepare timely reports and technical documents requested by the PM, and fulfil forms, documents, etc. related to Cesvi activities.
• Support the PM in the coordination with relevant local and international authorities and institutions.
• Keep updated regarding technical solutions implemented in Palestine, especially in East Jerusalem.
• Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Science or similar, plus at least 2 years' experience in a related role in the NGO sector.
• Excellent presentation, interpersonal, diplomatic, open-minded and listening skills.
• Experience in working with local organizations.
• Excellent communication, coordination, and information management skills.
• Very flexible and with a positive attitude.
• Good team player and proactive attitude in problem solving.
• Rigorous project planning, documentation and methodology processes skills.
• Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel as well technical packages (e.g. CAD, GIS) & other database competencies.
• Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English (written and spoken).
• Knowledge and experience in working in Shufat camp is a plus.
• Good knowledge of EU procurement procedures is a plus.
The candidate must have permit to work in Jerusalem and drive in both Israel and oPt.
Please send CVs in English with contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 7 August 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted