JERUSALEM – WEST BANK – GAZA
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) is an international non-governmental development and relief organisation, working worldwide to provide food, shelter, economic self-sufficiency, and hope. All assistance is provided on the basis of need alone. IOCC has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza (JWBG) since 1997 providing assistance to vulnerable Palestinians and communities through various emergency relief and/or development programs.
IOCC seeks a Finance Officer (FO) to be based in our Jerusalem Office.
Summary of the Position:
The Finance Officer (FO) is responsible for the overall professional and effective management, control, reporting and compliance for all financial resources and capital assets of IOCC-JWBG. The FO will work closely with the Country Representative and programs management staff in the preparation and submission of budgets and financial reporting, and the management of daily finance and administration tasks, including implementation of all donor and organizational policies. Additionally, the FO supervises and oversees the work of all IOCC-JWBG staff employees in the Finance and Administration Department.
Job Location: Jerusalem
• Oversee all finance and accounting functions, including budgeting, asset management, cash flow management, payroll, management reporting, financial variance and accounts analysis, etc., in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, the financial policies and procedures of IOCC, donor regulations, and all other applicable laws, rules and guidelines.
• Track, manage, and report on all IOCC financial resources and expenditures as required by IOCC policy and donor policies or agreements.
• Draft all program/project financial reports and participate in country-level and headquarters review processes and prepare annual financial planning in accordance with IOCC Country Operation Plan (COP).
• Supervise and support the work of Finance-Administration Department staff both in Jerusalem and in Gaza Field Office; prepare payrolls, and regular follow-up with banks.
• Establish and maintain policies and procedures related to IOCC accounting, administration and compliance practices.
• Substantial involvement in the preparation of IOCC budgets and primary verification of costs within IOCC budgets, including the annual country operational budgets and program/project budgets for submission to donor agencies.
• Prepare financial account analyses as required.
• Assist, facilitate and support IOCC annual audits, and audits required by donor agencies.
• Prepare monthly cash flows and requests for fund transfers.
• Provide staff training and capacity development on fiscal policies, procedures and practice.
• Oversee and evaluate the financial performance of partner organizations.
• Conduct field visits to monitor the financial transparency and accountability of partner organizations.
• Ensure that procurement and administration policies and procedures are adhered to and are compatible with IOCC and donors criteria and regulations.
• Prepare, cooperate and present annual financial statements on all IOCC’s external audits.
• Follows up on inventory control and assets management.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration, CPA or CMA. Three to Five years of experience in the field of accounting, finance and business management, preferably at a management level.
• Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Advanced knowledge in MS Excel, MS Office, PowerPoint, Financial Software Systems, audit principles and requirements.
• Good knowledge of Palestinian and Israeli labor, tax, banking and financial laws.
• Good professional management and administration skills.
• Good experience with non-government/humanitarian aid work.
• Good knowledge of donor compliance and requirements i.e. USAID, ECHO, etc.
• Fluency in Arabic, English, and Hebrew.
• Good communication and team work skills.
• Ability to work under stress/pressure.
• Jerusalem ID is preferred.
• Valid driving license.
• Excellent bookkeeping skills.
Interested candidates should send their C.V. together with a cover letter stating their relevant experience to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is COB Thursday 4 August 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.