UNITED NATIONS World Food Programme
Position Title and number : Senior Administrative Associate (WFP 011-2016)
Reports to: Head of Gaza operations
Contract Type: Fixed term contract
Position Level: GS 7
Duty Station: Gaza Sub-Office
Expected Duration of contract : One year
Deadline for applicant: 24th August 2016 by 15:00pm
Working hours: 37.5 hours a week
II. Organizational Context
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking to fill the Senior Administrative Associate G7 level, based in Palestine Country Office / Gaza Sub Office.
III. Functions / Key Results Expected
ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT: These jobs are found in Country Offices. The Job holders report to a Head of Gaza Operations.
At this level job holders typically have independent responsibility for technical, specialized work including planning, organisation, and coordination and setting objectives. They also deal with issues that are often undefined and involve areas of uncertainty and complex inter-relationships. The instructions received are broad and the job holders are expected to consistently demonstrate a high degree of responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and develop systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders are expected to motivate and develop a team of support staff and/or are responsible for specialised support service(s) where the work is undertaken with the help of specially designed techniques, methods and processes.
Job Purpose: To coordinate the delivery of quality, client-focused, value-for-money oriented administration services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
• Support management of WFP resources in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc.), monitor requirements and contribute to the estimation of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services.
• Coordinate the provision of a range of services such as facilities management, travel, protocol and light vehicle management related, etc., reporting and recommending solutions to rectify any major issues, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
• Undertake in-depth analyses of a range of data and compile and prepare comprehensive reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
• Coordinate, monitor and process administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc., including contracts with external vendors, to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed.
• Contribute to the revisions and updates of WFP administrative processes and plan, to ensure the continuous improvement of administration services and smooth implementation in the area of responsibility.
• Answer a range of complex queries, supporting resolution of various daily issues in order to facilitate the maintenance of the right contacts and support partnerships and activities with local authorities and various vendors in the area of responsibility.
• Supervise and guide a team of staff, acting as a point of referral for them and support them in carrying out their responsibilities, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with the relevant regulations, policies and procedures, and performance plans.
• Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative procedures, policies, processes, and use of corporate systems, to ensure consistency and efficiency of services provided to all clients.
• Provide protocol, transport and security coordination for Gaza staff and visitors
• Coordinate the provision of goods and services for the Gaza office and CO as requested, with analysis on cost efficiency.
• Supervise drivers and security functions and fleet management under the supervision and direction of the Head of Gaza office
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES:
4P Theme Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Understand and communicate the
Strategic Objectives Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
Be a force for positive change Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
Make the mission inspiring to our team Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
Look for ways to
skills Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
Create an inclusive culture Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
Focus on getting results Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
Make commitments and make good on commitments Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
Be Decisive Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
Connect and share across WFP units Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
Build strong external partnerships Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
Be politically agile & adaptable Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Business Support Services & Reporting
Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.
Internal Controls & Risk
Management Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.
Resource Management Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.
Customer Focus Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
VI. STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. Applicant holding university certificate in Business Administration, Management, Economic or social work will be given preference.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
6 years of experience working in admin and HR. experience in Security Field is an added value.
Has demonstrated a strong understanding of WFP administrative operating standards through day to day work.
Has provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise.
Language Requirements: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language
How to apply:
Detailed information and submitting of your application can be made through one of the following:
1- UNDP Jobs web site: http://jobs.undp.ps (reference #: (WFP 009-2016)
2- Handed the CV and or the Personal History Form P11 to WFP Gaza Sub-Office – Omar Abed Al Azez Street, UNDP Building 5th floor. Al Rimal Gaza
The positions Terms of reference (TOR) and the P11 form can be downloaded from the UNDP website above, or can be collected from WFP Gaza Sub-office.
Deadline for application is: 24th August 2016 by 15:00pm
Only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted.