Overseas NGO in consortium with EducAid NGO, is going to implement and emergency project of 7 months funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) - Office of Jerusalem. The project aim is to strengthen the prevention and crisis response’s capacity of vulnerable population in Shu'fat refugee camp through the provision of essential WASH services and psychosocial support to children and refugee families, improving access to educational and health services for vulnerable groups in the three primary schools in the refugee camp through the principles of universal design and strengthen the protection mechanisms of the residents of Shu'fat camp through the development of an advocacy strategy to protect the rights of Jerusalem ID population living beyond the Separation wall.
Minimum requirements for this position
• University degree
• At least 2 years experience in the management of WASH and or educational projects as local coordinator
• Excellent knowledge of the context of intervention especially the social and community dynamics
• Excellent ability to work in team;
• Expertise in the management of field projects
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to follow the donor procedures;
• Advanced computer skills;
• Advance knowledge of English (written and spoken);
Duties and Responsibilities
The Local Coordinator will support the PM and the Expert on Inclusive education for overall coordination, implementation and management of the project and its activities, in collaboration with international and local partners, ensuring the achievement of project objectives and adherence to the fundamental principles of cooperation development.
In particular the Local Coordinator will be responsible for:
• Plan, coordinate and monitor ongoing project activities in collaboration and under the supervision of the Project Manager;
• Support the PM for the coordination and monitoring of the wash activities’ implementation in collaboration with Studioazue;
• Support the PM and the Expert of inclusive education in the organization of the training session addressed to UNRWA teachers;
• Support the PM and the Expert of inclusive education for the coordination and monitoring of the psycho social activities’ implementation addressed to UNRWA schools and Child Center;
• Support the PM and the Expert of inclusive education in the organization of mission of foreigners expert involved in the project activities
• Be the focal point and responsible for the implementation of the procedure for the monitoring and evaluation of the project activities;
• Participate in networking and coordination activities involving different stakeholders such as local authorities (UNRWA, project partners, community representatives, etc), school directors and teachers, CBOs, civil society representatives;
• Support the Project Manager in the financial management of project activities on the basis of the budget and the available donor funds;
• Manage procurement of goods, work and services essential to the project;
• Be responsible for accurate assigned project activities administration and to supervise preparation of accounting documents for intermediate and final financial reports required by donor;
• Report continuously to the Project Manager on the status of implementation of the activities;
• Translate and/or prepare all the documents and the reports on project implementation to be presented to the donor/other partners, and the monthly project activity reports;
• Maintain a high level of collaboration and coordination with Overseas, EducAid staff and with the local partner
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates submit a Motivation letter and their updated CV including at least two professional references to email@example.com
PLEASE indicate the reference AID 10736 in all correspondence.
Deadline for application: 31st August 2016
Only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted.