Action Against Hunger (ACF) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
ACF is recruiting for its Gaza office a
For a period of 12 months renewable
The Candidate will:
• Follow-up on procurement planning in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator in the Capital office.
• Coordinate with the field technicians and the capital office on procurement procedures
• Ensure meeting all procurement deadlines within the base.
• Implement effective supply chain management of the base, ensure the technical specifications of any materials to be purchased while respecting ACF procurement procedures; responsible for liaison with suppliers and organize the delivery of purchased materials.
• Organize, in collaboration with the administration department, payment of the suppliers through the use of expense forecasts and payment requests.
• Execute, in coordination with the capital, all procurements that cannot be fulfilled locally in Gaza.
• Develop and update the base supplier catalogue.
• Follow-up on contracts with service providers.
• Maintain an organized filing system for all procurements of Gaza base, according to ACF procedures.
• Evaluate the equipment needs of the base.
• Create a folder for each item of equipment purchased for inclusion in the base equipment list.
• Ensure that all equipment in Gaza Base is clearly marked as per ACF procedures.
• Organize the maintenance of all equipment as required.
• Implement and maintain a regular physical inventory of Gaza office and Guesthouse materials.
• Organize and manage the Gaza base vehicle fleet base.
• Manage ACF security in the Gaza strip.
• Participate in the writing of new proposals, in coordination with the base technical staff, to determine the logistical needs of the base.
• Provide forecasts of equipment needs, vehicles, furniture, premises…
• Oversee the writing of procurement planning for each new proposal, in coordination with the technical department and the Logistics Coordinator.
• Provide input on the writing of the security section of all proposals.
• Write monthly report and send to the Logistics Coordinator.
• Participate in the project reporting with respect to logistics-related matters, in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator.
• Write regular reports to the Head of Base.
• Report regularly to the logistics coordinator on equipment, vehicle management and all logistics-related matters.
Profile of the Candidate:
• University degree in logistics, procurement, engineering or related field.
• Supply chain management and Information Technology background, Supervisory skills and security background.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in procurement or logistics, with an NGO or INGO.
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English.
• Fully proficient in MS-Office, Outlook and computer software and hardware.
• Able to work travel to Jerusalem and stay overnight.
ACF is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates submit a Motivation letter and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 12th August 2016.
PLEASE indicate the reference LOG/TTPP/16/09 in all correspondence.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.