Action Against Hunger (ACF) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
ACF is recruiting for its Gaza office a
For a period of 3 months
The Candidate will:
• Review community profiles, business plans, transcripts, fact sheets original material for translation into the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the content is maintained.
• Use specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used.
• Research legal, technical and scientific terms to find the correct translation.
• Proof-read and edit final translated versions of documents.
• Provide departments with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document.
• Provide instantaneous interpretation between national and expatriate staff in conferences, meetings or field visits when required.
• Participate in writing technical documents related to implementation of activities (including but not limited to: terms of reference, technical studies or surveys, tender reports, announcements, technical evaluation).
• Write internal weekly report for submission to the Head of Base.
• Write minutes with conclusions, recommendations and action points resulting from meetings or field visits.
• Perform duties that are inherent and imply to the position of translator and requested according to the missions’ needs and context.
Profile of the Candidate:
• Bachelor degree in English literature, translation or related field
• Knowledge in a specialist area such as news, legal documents or scientific reports.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in translation and interpretation, knowledge in humanitarian or emergency programming is a plus.
• Ability to type an average daily output of 2,000 to 3,000 words.
• Manage work schedule to meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and have good team skills.
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
• Competent computer user with excellent word processing skills and the capacity to master computer-assisted translation and terminology tools, as well as standard Microsoft office application.
ACF is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates submit a Motivation letter and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 11th August 2016.
PLEASE indicate the reference ADMIN/TTPP/16/09 in all correspondence.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.