Action Against Hunger (ACF) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
ACF is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Project officer Assistant
For a period of 5 months
The Candidate will:
• Supervise daily field activities in coordination with local partners.
• Provide technical information and assistance for activity implementation and support to the project team.
• Assist WASH Project Officer and WASH Programme Manager by ensuring quality control, facilitating field technical activities, and identifying and reporting challenges.
• Ensure field work complies with project work plan and timeframe.
• Follow the delivery chain and conduct spot checks of delivered materials.
• Identify and inform the WASH Programme Manager of any problems or constraints in the field.
• Propose solutions and improvements relating to project progress.
• Assist in the preparation of time schedules and HH survey tools.
• Assist in preparing monitoring plans and activity implementation procedures.
• Work with other project staff to avoid duplication, establish a beneficiary database and data entry in support of field monitoring as required.
• Additional tasks may be requested from the employee due to the nature of the project and to the timeframe.
• Monitor field data collection.
• Daily reporting of field activities to the WASH Program Manager (material delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ lists, obstacles and constraints.
Profile of the Candidate:
• Bachelor degree in Civil engineering.
• Knowledge in Water and wastewater infrastructure implementation.
• Minimum two years proven relevant field experience in WASH context in the Gaza Strip.
• Capacity to apply organizational rules and procedures.
• Obliged to maintain confidentiality for information relating to all ACF activities.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English.
• Excellent knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
ACF is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates submit a Motivation letter and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 11th August 2016.
PLEASE indicate the reference WASH/TTPP/16/08 in all correspondence.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.