Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organisation for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programmes in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip (GS) Mission in the Palestinian Territory (PT) was established in 2008, and since then has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF GS is a member of the Food Security, including Agriculture, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in all cluster meetings. SIF GS also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations in the GS and local NGOs to assess, share information and coordinate project implementation. The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
Since 2008, SIF GS has implemented many emergency, seasonal and developmental projects in several sectors, including food security, including agriculture, education, child protection, WASH, health & nutrition and shelter & NFIs.
DEFINITION OF THE FUNCTION
The WASH Manager is under the Head of mission’ responsibility for all operational aspects,she/ he also work in close cooperation with all the team.
• Conduct needs assessments of the current situation in Gaza Strip for the aspects linked with WASH issue to draw future intervention,
• Ensure the training and supervision of national workers in WASH programs,
• Give recommendations and participate in the writing of new WASH projects proposal submissions,
• Supervise technical aspect of WASH project,
• Implication, participation and cooperation with the different strand of action of the Secours Islamique France: Agriculture, food security, child care, relief, rehabilitation and development,
• Designing and implementing a hygiene awareness-raising and sanitation promotion strategy,
• Set up procedures for regular evaluation of WASH project achievements,
• Monitor field activities, and regular collection of data and compile in weekly activity report,
• Take an active part in the drafting of activities reporting to donors and SIF headquarters,
• Represent SIF to donors, UN, international and national NGOs, and national authorities conducting WASH programs to ensure most appropriate program decisions and culturally appropriate activities.
• WASH technician degree required,
• Wastewater networks constructions experiences,
• Hygiene awareness-raising campaign implementation experiences,
• Multidisciplinary : intervention capacity with the different strand of action (Agriculture, food security, child care, relief, rehabilitation and development),
• Excellent written and spoken English (essential),
• Consistent reporting skill,
• At least 5 years of experience in supervising staff,
• Excellent communication skills and flexibility,
• Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework),
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, internet and e-mail),
• Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
• Ability to lead and participate in teams but also to work independently.
Flexibility, Organisation skills, Sense of responsibilities, Analysis and coordination skills, Good interpersonal skills, Ready to listen to people, Capacity to prioritize, Open-mindedness and common sense, Strong humanitarian motivation
Location: Gaza Strip
Duration: 6 months (Renewable)
Starting Date : As Soon As Possible
WASH Manager: (Ref #: 2016/04/ WM)
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & letter of motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above) and two professional references for their last two employers no later than 02:00 p.m. on 5th. October, 2016 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected.
Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer