Vacancy at the Consulate General of Sweden
The Consulate General of Sweden is looking for a security coordinator for part or full time position.
Duties: the exact tasks and responsibilities for the security coordinator may vary depending on his or hers previous work experience but will include handling the following duties under the supervision of the Deputy Head of Mission:
- Monitoring, analyzing and giving advice on the security situation in Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza. This includes planning and coordination of permits for staff travel within the area of operation,
- focal point and management of the day to day activities of the building security services,
- build up and maintain a network with relevant entities in the security related area,
- safety and security related matters at the chancery and in the homes of posted staff,
- updating and implementing internal and external routines and guidelines on security related matters,
- certain administrative tasks,
- driving in high risk areas,
- Well documented experience in security or other related field, preferably in complex environments,
- strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally,
- strong organizational and administrative skills,
- ability to function well under stress, take initiatives and have a strong commitment to fulfill duties as well as a high level of personal integrity is essential,
- fluent written and spoken English is a requirement. Knowledge in Arabic, Hebrew or Swedish is an asset,
- holder of a truck driver’s license and extensive experience in driving of heavy vehicles in areas with high security risks,
- experience from work in the area or documented knowledge of the local situation is an asset,
- due to security requirements primarily applicants that holds Swedish or other EU-country citizenship will be considered for the position. Applicants holding other citizenships may be taken into consideration only if a security clearance similar to the ones for EU-citizens can be provided.
- an educational background relevant for the work is highly desired. A university degree in security, administration, management or related field is an asset. A suitable candidate could also have a military or police background.
Please send letter of application (including CV and details of at least three references) via email to email@example.com by 12 September, 2016. Please write “security coordinator” in the subject line.
For more information contact Mr Hans Grundberg, Deputy Head of Mission, 02-646 5872 or Ms. Camilla Håfström, Head of Administration, 02-6465874.
The Consulate General of Sweden is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, disability, gender or sexual orientation.