Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Position: Civil Engineer - Full time
Number of Positions: 2
Responsible To: Project Officer
Location: Ramallah Office, with frequent trips
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
The civil Engineer has a core role in the programs department. She/he will be responsible to give a support to the good evaluation, implementation of deferent types of SIF’s interventions in the fields of WASH, Agricultural, Food security, Childhood, and seasonal activities. This position requires a highly motivated hardworking and responsible person. Other attributes required for this role include flexibility (working days/time and trips).
She/he will give support to the Projects Managers/ Officers and ensure a good follow up and monitoring of the projects coordination procedures.
The job includes, but is not limited to the tasks and objectives described below:
Civil engineering technical support and consultancy in the projects:
• Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, and life cycle cost and equipment selection.
• Managing, supervising and visiting contractors on site and advising on civil engineering issues before implanting the project and during implementation.
• Prepare and interpret engineering plans, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
• Prepare technical construction specifications.
• Manage construction document printing process.
• Manage project issues, budgets, and schedules under SIF procurement and Logistician Coordinator control
• Review and critique proposed changes to engineering standards, policies, or details.
• Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
Follow up and coordinate the running projects:
• Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
• Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
• Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries.
• Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors.
• Liaising with local partners, consultants and contractors.
• Coordinate the activities of the design and construction teams.
Monitor and evaluate of the implemented projects:
• Contributes to the development of beneficiaries’ need and participate in conducting a technical needs assessment.
• Establishes and maintains strong relationships with targeted local communities including beneficiaries, project’s local supporting committees and any other relevant bodies.
• Collects data and information about the progress of the project’s inputs, outputs and indicators.
• Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by the Project Officer to assist the other team member in particular the business development expert whenever needed.
• Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects.
Provide technical/narrative reports and feedback:
• Provide technical presentations to officials, the headquarters visitors, the public, and staff( if needed).
• Write field visit reports on the implementation of the activities that he/she is responsible for, and submitting them periodically to the Projects officer.
• Conduct surveys to gather field data.
- BA degree in civil engineering or equivalent related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience works in development projects
- Experience working with NGOs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure, and to complete work with high quality and attention to detail
- Proven experience in building sites
- Good knowledge of the West Bank context
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Pack
- Ability to undertake regular travel to program sites in West Bank
- Language skills (reading, writing, spoken) to working level in English and Arabic
- Demonstrated commitment to working as part of a team, in a support role
- Qualities: team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable and highly motivated.
- Good knowledge and experience in water & wastewater networks design and management.
- Driving license
How to Apply:
Submit a resume & cover letter (word or PDF Only), including 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org in English only. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include exact position. Deadline to apply is January 21st, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.