Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Position: Social Worker – Full Time
Number of Positions: 2
Responsible To: Projects Officer
Location: Ramallah Office, with frequent trips
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
The Social Worker will assist Project Officers in monitoring and tracking programs department and projects & ensure a good follow up of the projects coordination procedures, and implement required field visits to collect data and or to do need assessments or surveys from the field as requested.
The tasks described here are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Social Worker may be requested to perform further tasks related to his/her responsibilities here.
Project implementation and need assessment:
• Conduct interviews with the beneficiaries and family members to assess their general socioeconomic situation and needs.
• Establishes and maintains strong relationship with targeted groups and local communities including beneficiaries, project’s local supporting committees and any other relevant bodies.
• Conduct needs assessment for each orphan and family
• Review the quality assurance, child safety and health plans adhering to the Project specified requirements
• Conduct the full coordination with local communities CBO’s, village councils, and different projects stake holders.
Awareness and protection activities:
• Conduct and organizing awareness sessions for different targeted groups in line with the projects Objectives
• To identify, evaluate and make recommendations concerning beneficiaries’ needs.
Monitoring and evaluation and project activities follow-up:
• Conduct regular follow up visits, Monitors and evaluates progress of the projects activities.
• Design and conduct satisfaction surveys and evaluation questionnaires with beneficiaries.
• Participate in meetings/visits to different stakeholders to meet the project objectives.
Reporting and data analysis:
• Socioeconomic analyses and reporting.
• Prepare and update a detailed work action plans under the Projects’ officer’s supervision.
• Observing, analysis, and reporting the special needs of vulnerable families.
- BA in social sciences, management of humanitarian projects, social work.
- At least 3 year experience, preferably in the field of humanitarian projects and public awareness.
- Experience in a similar position and previous experience of working for a non-governmental organization will be considered an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring of projects\ Activities, data collection and analysis and high quality reports writing.
- Experience and skills in building good working relationship with local partners.
- Experience working in remote communities and good cultural, cross-cultural knowledge and interpersonal skills.
- Has experience in household visiting.
- High level computer skills: Microsoft Word, Internet, Excel, Outlook
- Language skills (reading, writing, spoken) to working level in English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated commitment to work as part of the team, in a supportive role.
- Qualities: team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable and highly motivated.
- Knowledge of West Bank Areas
- Driving license
- English proficiency
How to Apply:
Submit a resume & cover letter (word or PDF Only), including 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org in English only. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include exact position. Deadline to apply is January 21st, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.