HEKS/EPER is the Swiss Reformed Churches’ Aid Agency.
HEKS/EPER regional program in the Middle East supports local organizations in the occupied Palestinian Territories and Israel. HEKS/EPER Palestine and Israel Program focuses on strengthening the conflict transformation capacities of civil society so they can effectively work to change the structures, systems, attitudes and ideologies, which perpetuate the conflict situation and the human rights violations, linked to it. The program thus consists of awareness raising and advocacy components which target Israeli, Palestinian and International Publics and decision makers as well as efforts to strengthen communities to address especially situation of denied or unequal access to land, housing and public space. For more information about HEKS/EPER please visit our website: www.heks.ch
For our office in Jerusalem, we are looking for a qualified and highly motivated candidate to fill in the following position:
Finance and administration officer (100%)
Contract duration: 12 months, renewable
Starting date: March 2017
On the level of the HEKS/EPER office in Jerusalem:
• Maintain a financial office system in accordance with HEKS/EPER policies and procedures.
• Submit statements for all bank accounts and financial report to HQ on a quarterly basis.
• Ensure preparation of documentation for the audit.
• Contract management for HO
With Partner organizations:
• Conduct on-site financial monitoring of POs on a regular basis and produce financial monitoring report and list of recommendations to be sent to the partners.
• Provide ongoing technical assistance to the POs in the development of effective and reliable financial management systems.
• Review POs’ proposals (including checking against price index).
• Ensure that POs’ financial reports are checked, problems identified and communicated back to POs for correction/clarification and reported to Program Director.
• Ensure that POs are audited in line with the HEKS/EPER requirements.
• Manage the program budget and provide overview of released transfers to partners, on a quarterly basis to Program Director
• Prepare and file partners agreements including contract management for partners
• Responsible for maintaining partner organizational files, which contain various administrative documents (hard and soft copies).
• Maintain an appropriate filing system for the project to accommodate all aspects of the HEKS/EPER work.
• Support the Program Director in organizing and conducting consultants’ and partners’ visits, training sessions and meetings.
• Administrative support regarding the logistics (accommodation bookings, transport) of program activities, HEKS/EPER Swiss representatives’ visits and visiting delegations from Switzerland. Applying for permits for HO staff and HQ colleagues
• Support team members at HEKS Office with logistics (accommodation, transport)
• Responsible for implementing and drafting when needed the security plan and procedures
Four years’ work experience in a similar field
Good command of English. Arabic and Hebrew are assets
Good computer skills
Diligent and trustworthy person
Valid driving license
HEKS/EPER offers you the opportunity to work in a motivating and challenging context in the field of civil society conflict resolution. You will work in close cooperation with the Country Director, Finance Officer, advocacy officer, program officer, program consultant and project coordinator.
If you are interested and correspond to the profile, please send your application
(Curriculum Vitae, application letter and three references) via e-mail before January 31 to:
Short-listed candidates will be contacted during the first two weeks of February 2017. Interviews will be held in Jerusalem and Ramallah during 20.2.2017-21.2.2017