A job description is a written statement that describes the employee’s role and responsibilities. The role and responsibilities shall be executed within the NRC framework. The job description facilitates the recruitment process by stating the necessary competencies. It is mandatory for all positions.
Position: HR Officer
Reports to: WB Area Manager
Duty station: Jerusalem
Duration and type of contract: Open end
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the HR officer position is day to day implementation of the HR functions in West bank office and to provide professional Human Resources service for Staff
1. Contribute to development of NRC Palestine policies and procedures
2. Compliance with and Adherence to NRC Policies, guidelines and Handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
3. Implementation of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools in West bank related to HR.
4. Contribute to the capacity building of staff for any emerging HR related issues
5. Contribute to west bank office recruitment process
6. Carry out any other task requested by line Manager
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
• Follow up on Administration tasks
• Prepare the monthly salary sheet for West bank office with HR info updates
• Ensure that all new staff is receiving necessary induction brief
• Ensure that all staff has the necessary information/training what it means to be a NRC Employee and expectation related to HR issues
• Data entry on HR/Payroll Agresso for all staff with daily changes and amendments. Generate reports when needed from system.
• Contribute to the update of employees’ personal files and database
• Ensure all issues concerning health, pension, safety and mental health and well-being are followed up
• Fill and Update NRC Palestine Recruitment tracking sheet
• Contribute to the development of generic job descriptions in cooperation with Project Managers
• Implement all process and procedures concerning recruitment, considering methods for advertisement, interviews and tests to find the best candidates.
• Contribute to the planning and follow up on performance analysis and Develop staff training plans
• Follow up on terminated staff benefits including signing staff on decelerations for receiving all entitlements
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a HR Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Good knowledge of HR concepts and challenges/solutions within the field
• Knowledge of the context of Palestine’s and Israeli’s labour law
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and team working skills
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
• Good English Language level
2. Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
• Handling insecure environment
• Planning and delivering results
• Empowering and building trust
• Communicating with impact and respect