Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Position: Agriculture Water and Sanitation Project Manager Number of Positions: 1 – Full time
Responsible To: Program Coordinator
Location: Ramallah Office, with frequent trips
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
The Agriculture Water and Sanitation Project Manager is responsible for the correct implementation of livelihood, agriculture, water and sanitation SIF projects and to participate to the elaboration of proposals under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and in functional link with the POMA Program Officer (HQ office)
The job includes, but is not limited to the tasks and objectives described below:
Need assessment and proposal writing
• Elaborate appropriate questionnaires; identify needs for the different Projects.
• Responsible to analyze and evaluate the data collected by the team in order to articulate adequate proposals.
• Assist in completing the need assessment for the strategy;
• Draft Logical framework, project organogram chart, chronogram and proposal for new projects.
• Supervise technical aspects of WASH and agriculture projects, verify and validate technical studies in relation with the AWS Project Officer and the civil Engineers,
• Participate to the elaboration of the project budgets.
• Participate to the elaboration of the Country Strategy according to her / his sector of intervention under the guidance of the Program Coordinator and the Head of Mission.
Supervision of the implementation of projects activities
• Supervision the smooth implementation of projects activities such as defined by the Program Coordinator.
• Conduction of field visits to monitor the progress in implementation of activities and to give appropriate directions to the field team.
• Plan activities according to the expected progress of the project.
• Close monitoring of the key phases of the projects (Opening, modifications, evaluations, closure).
• Establish and strengthen local partnerships to enhance visibility of projects activities.
• Coordinate activities and sensitize local partners in the field: organize and participate in review meetings with partners, follow the partnership outputs in order to capitalize the lessons learnt and contribute to the elaboration of new strategies.
• Maintain regular and substantial contact with relevant national and international NGOs.
• Conduct the coordination meetings and working groups in absence of program coordinator. Projects team management
• Participate to the recruitment of the newly employees.
• Plan and organize the team work of the team.
• Capacity building of the team if needed.
• Proposing trainings and workshops.
• Evaluations of the team on a regular base.
Monitoring and Evaluation of the projects
• Ensure the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of SIF projects under the guidance of the Program Coordinator;
• Assure a good internal follow-up of the projects in accordance with the project cycle, logical framework, timeframe, reporting and the general objectives already fixed.
• Evaluate and up-date project needs (HR, financing, logistics), following the directions of the Program Coordinator.
Reporting, project analysis and reorientation
• Ensure on time reporting to the Program Coordinator;
• Assure that his/her hierarchical link is fully aware of eventual changes or/and other important facts about the project.
• Prepare institutional donors reports under the supervision of the Program Coordinator.
• Analyze and build on past experiences in order to share the lessons learnt.
• Propose new directions for the project.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, agriculture economy and water and sanitation.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in an international organization or INGO;
- Well-skilled in project cycle management and logical framework methodology;
- Previous experience of minimum 3 years in project management and working with national partner organizations;
- Experience of conducting and managing research and data analysis.
- Ability to write clear, well founded and substantiated project reports and assessments in English;
- Experience in proposal writing;
- Proven financial management skills;
- Good command of procurement procedures and practice;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Flexibility and capacity to work effectively beyond working hours;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Commitment and punctuality;
- Qualities: team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable, approachable.
- Knowledge of community based interventions, social cohesion and gender sensitive programs;
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability;
- Driving license;
How to Apply:
Submit a resume & cover letter (word or PDF Only), including 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to email@example.com in English only. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include exact position. Deadline to apply is January 28th, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.