A job description is a written statement that describes the employee’s role and responsibilities. The role and responsibilities shall be executed within the NRC framework. The job description facilitates the recruitment process by stating the necessary competencies. It is mandatory for all positions.
Position: Support Assistant
Reports to: Head of Support
Supervision of: /
Duty station: Jerusalem
Project number: see contract
Duration and type of contract: open ended
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Support assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
1. Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
3. Ensure proper filing of documents
4. Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
5. Assist in the Implementation of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools in West Bank(HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
6. Assist in organizing of trainings, workshops and similar events including food catering, organization of the training venue
7. Fulfill any other related tasks that may be assigned by the Area Manager
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
• Handling and filing original and hard copies of all required documents for administration and all projects according to NRC filing key.
• Focal point for venue booking, flight bookings and guest house
• Prepare Staff’s leaves and make sure the tracking sheet is updated. By the end of each month send the tracking sheet to the HR Coordinator
• Prepare all utilities payments, cash advances and other cash payments and Cash counting and prepare Cash Post backs
• Assist in preparing Purchase requisitions for the country office
• Take minutes of meetings when requested
• Assist in preparation Time sheets for the country Office
• Ensure that all Mobile invoices (Jawwal and Orange) and Taxi Invoices are received on a monthly basis and add the allocation for each staff to the correct project
• Close the office end of the day including shutting off lights, closing windows and locking doors.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Good English Language level (Business English is a plus) Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Good understanding of national labor law and the adherence of this
• Good knowledge of logistical concepts and challenges/solutions within the field
2. Behavioral competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
• Handling insecure environment
• Planning and delivering results
• Empowering and building trust
• Communicating with impact and respect
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description
• The Work and Development Plan
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
• The End-term Performance Review Template
• The NRC Competency Framework
• ‘NRC policy is to prefer equally qualified and competent internal candidates in recruitment processes. The position will be paid in accordance with NRC’s national staff salary scale’.