medico international (www.medico.de/en) is an international (German) non-governmental organizationwhich struggles for the human right to the best possible access to health. In doing so, we support local partners in their endeavours to create the economic, social and cultural conditions which allow each person to attain the highest health standard possible as well as access to equitable, affordable and quality health care services. In particular, medico stands by those who are in situations of emergency and in poverty, including refugees and the victims of war.
medico seeks a dynamic and reliable full-time Administrative Assistant / Secretary (AAS) for the work of medico international in Palestine and Israel. The AAS will be based in medico’s Ramallah office. The incumbent will assist the staff members in administrative tasks and will perform secretarial functions for the office.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate will work closely with Finance and Project Staff as well as the Head of Office performing a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
• Assisting Finance Officer (FO) and Finance Administrator (FA) in preparing monthly and annual financial reports of the office, required documents for submission to Palestinian and Israeli authorities, submitting and following up of VAT exemptions, proper documentation of tendering processes, distribution and consumption lists in humanitarian projects, following up on payment of income tax and ensuring other bank related tasks
• Ensuring logistics (payment of bills, charge electricity card, maintenance of office equipment), inventory and procurement
• Performing secretarial tasks, including office logistics and procurement
• Assisting in applying for permits to Gaza, Israel and the West Bank for Palestinian and foreign nationals as assigned by the Head of Office (HO)
• Performing other relevant tasks as requested or assigned by HO and/or FO/FA
Qualifications / Skills required
• Minimum Diploma Degree in Business Administration or any related field
• Work experience is an asset
• Ability to meet deadlines effectively and work independently under supervision
• Experience in Bisan accounting software a strong asset
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Accuracy and attention to details and excellent organizational skills
• Proven computer skills, including experience using MS Office
• Perfect command of written and spoken English & Arabic
Duty station: Ramallah
Working languages: English and Arabic (Hebrew is an asset but no requirement)
Type of position: full-time (40 hours/week on five days, Sun-Thu)
Contract: fixed-term 2 years with possibility of extension; 3 months probation period with a possibility of another 3 months extension.
Deadline: February 16, 2017, with interviews expected to be held between March 7 - 15
Applications: Please send your CV and a coverletter incl. your salary expectations and references in ENGLISH ONLY to email@example.com
Please don't apply again if you already send your application based on the announcement on job.ps
Only complete applications with a letter of motivation will be considered. CV-only applications are disqualified by default.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.