Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes around the world through operations of emergency relief, rehabilitation and development. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Position: Driver/full time
Responsible To: Procurement Assistant
Directly Manages: Nil
Location: Ramallah Office, with frequent trips
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
The Driver is responsible to transport people and equipment in good manner, and to ensure the maintenance of the vehicle under his responsibility.
The job includes, but is not limited to the tasks and objectives described below:
Objective 1: Transport people and equipment under good security conditions:
- When transporting SIF employees, respect the country’s circulation rules and follow the logistician’s planning and instructions;
- In case of an accident, immediately get in touch with the closest police station and duly inform the logistics department;
- Follow the instructions of the manufacturer and the SIF rules when using the vehicle;
- Keep all personal documents as well as those of the vehicle with you and check that they are valid.
- Following procedures at checkpoints and when travelling in convoy.
- Pick up supplies for the office;
- Collect items related to program procurement and delivery ;
- Deliver mail as needed to beneficiaries, ministries, partners, insurance, and other institutions as instructed;
Objective 2 : Ensure maintenance of the vehicle:
- Solve minor technical problems;
- Inform the logistics department of any major repairs to be carried out;
- Carry out daily checks before starting up the motor;
- Keep the vehicle clean;
- Ensure radio/Phone communications;
- Note down fuel consumption in the record book in the morning and at the end of the day as well as any information concerning the maintenance of the vehicle;
- Check the security boots.
Objective 3 : Prepare departures to the field:
- Inspect and prepare the vehicle the day before departure so as to be on time;
- Prepare additional equipment to be brought along according to needs (fuel, stickers, flags, tools, medical kit).
- Good experience in working for INGOs.
- At least two years’ experience in driving
- Valid drivers’ license with good driving skills and clean record.
- Ability to take initiative and maintain professional relationship with all concerned.
- Ability to understand rules, regulations and standards and to implement guidelines and instructions.
- Ability to undertake regular travel to program sites in West Bank
- Strong experience in caring for vehicles.
- Demonstrated commitment to working as part of a team, in a support role
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure, and to complete work with high quality and attention to detail.
- Proven English language- speaking and reading
- Willing to work overtime
How to Apply:
Submit a resume (word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to email@example.com in English only. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include exact position. Deadline to apply is December 4th, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.