Family Strengthening Coordinator
SOS Children’s Villages take action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine is seeking to recruit a Family Strengthening Programme Coordinator for its SOS Children’s Village Programme Bethlehem.
Location: Based in Bethlehem with travel to Hebron
Position: Family Strengthening Programme Coordinator
Reports to: SOS Children’s Village Programme Director
Position summary: The Family Strengthening Programme Coordinator leads the planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the family strengthening activities in the programme location, in accordance with the organisation’s policies, strategies, and available resources. He/She ensure that those children most at risk of losing parental care participate in the programme. Coordinates the implementation of family strengthening activities, guides and supports the development of sustainable community responses to the situation of children at risk of losing parental care while building self-reliance in families of origin. The Family Strengthening coordinator also establishes and maintains mechanisms for on-going monitoring and evaluation of the family strengthening interventions/ responses.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Co-coordinating the implementation of programme activities, according to the objectives, actions and time frames outlined in the annual plan.
• Guiding the implementation of the family development planning (FDP) process, with a view to ‘anchoring’ this process with the community-based partners.
• Preparing programme information as required for public relations and fund development purposes.
• Ensuring that effective monitoring and evaluation systems are in place and functioning well, in line with the organisation’s requirements. This includes on-going data collection from regular reviews of the situation of families and community-based partners, data capturing in the FS database, annual programme self-evaluation, internal control reviews, audits and other evaluations.
• Providing the programme director with regular information on programme activities and results, including regular written reports, according to organisational requirements.
• Leading the development of the programme design, based on the findings of the feasibility study, and in line with the organisation’s policies, strategies and available resources. In doing so, ensure the participation of key stakeholders, as appropriate.
Qualifications & Competencies
• BA in Cooperation and Development, Social Sciences, Management, or relevant related field (Master’s degree is desirable)
• A minimum of three years’ relevant experience which must include experience in project management and leadership
• Proven ability to strategically plan
• Good knowledge of standards and current directions of development in the field of child’s rights approach, women empowerment and social welfare systems
• Proven ability to train and develop staff
• Good command of spoken and written English with proven reporting and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure within a team as well as independently
• Ability to network and build relations with stakeholders
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by the 9th of March 2017
stating FS Coordinator as the subject
Only short listed candidates will be contacted