JOB TITLE: Administrator, Full Time Position
DUTY STATION: Um Alnasser Village - North of Gaza Strip
REPORTS TO: The Project Manager, the Local Coordinator and Zeina’s Director
Zeina Women NGO, a newly founded local NGO north of Gaza Strip is benefiting from the project: Promoting the Bedouin Center “Zeina Women’s Center” as a participatory lab for community development in Gaza Strip. The project aims at strengthening the institutional and technical capacity of the newly founded NGO, Zeina, and its staff to work towards its sustainable economic growth. The project, funded by Cfd (The Feminist Peace Organization), will be implemented by Canaan Institute of New Pedagogy in partnership with Vento di Terra NGO.
Objective of this assignment
Zeina NGO is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Administrator to support in the implementation of the Finance, Human Resources and administrative policies and procedures of Zeina Women’s Center.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of set policies and procedures;
- Secure quality financial management with efficient resource utilization;
- Ensure policy compliance for maintaining consistency in HR Policy, Practices and
Systems at the organizational level;
- To administer finance-related activities within the CFD funded project in accordance with Canaan’s and Vento di Terra’s policies and procedures;
- Organize orientation/trainings to update all staff on HR policy, procedures and tools;
- Maintain updated record of all staff related information;
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the office e.g. management of the supply of materials/services;
- To prepare efficient financial reports related to the CFD funded project on a timely basis;
- To oversee the overall administration and logistics management at Zeina Women NGO’s
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or
Economic or Commerce or equivalent, preferably accounting.
- At least, 2 years of previous relevant experience working in administrative and financial work;
- Knowledge and previous experience working with (I)NGOs procedures;
- Demonstrate gender sensitivity and have knowledge of gender issues
- Experience in working through fast and demanding conditions (or under pressure)
- Experience in accounting software.
- Experience Business evaluation and feasibility studies
- Production and interpretation of management accounts.
- Mastering computer skills including practice in Microsoft office ( Excel, Word and Power
- Demonstrated experience in implementing HR policies, procedures, tools, HR legal set- up analysis and training skills;
- Knowledge of general law related to HR (Palestinian Labor Law, Palestinian Civil service
- Strong verbal and in written communication skills in Arabic and English;
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural environment and in insecure or complex environments.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- High level of integrity and flexibility, and ability to work independently;
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure and against deadlines;
- Good knowledge of political and cultural context, proactively seeking advice and support from colleagues;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, ability to deal with disputes and conflicts - and to motivate for stronger efforts;
- Strong presentation skills and operational background;
- Excellent organizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with gender issues and be responsive to their needs in effective manner.
The duration of the assignment is one year on a full-time basis, extendable.
Curriculum vitae and motivation letter are to be sent in English to the attention of Ms Sara
Specify in Subject: Administrator
Deadline for applications: 2nd March 2017
Women are encouraged to apply
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview