JOB TITLE: Local Coordinator, Full Time Position
DUTY STATION: Gaza Strip
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
Zeina Women NGO, a newly founded local NGO north of Gaza Strip is benefiting from the project: Promoting the Bedouin Center “Zeina Women’s Center” as a participatory lab for community development in Gaza Strip. The project aims at strengthening the institutional and technical capacity of the newly founded NGO, Zeina, and its staff to work towards its sustainable economic growth. The project, funded by Cfd (The Feminist Peace Organization), will be implemented by Canaan Institute of New Pedagogy in partnership with Vento di Terra NGO.
Objective of this assignment
The Local Coordinator will work under the supervision of Canaan Director and the Project Manager on facilitating the implementation of all project activities at the local level with satisfactory quality.
- Working closely with the Project Manager on the design and technical preparation, and monitoring of all project activities;
- Participate in networking and coordination activities (i.e. thematic clusters, etc) involving
different stakeholders such as local authorities and civil society representatives;
- Be responsible in collaboration with the Project Manager of the financial management of project activities on the basis of the budget and the available donor funds;
- Manage procurement of goods, work and services essential to the project;
- Be responsible for accurate assigned project activities administration and to supervise, alongside the project’s administrator, preparation of accounting documents for intermediate and final financial reports required by donors
- Report continuously to the Project Manager on the status of implementation of the activities
- Translate and/or prepare the reports on project implementation to be presented to the donor/other partners, and the monthly project activity reports;
- Monthly reports in English are required. Possibility of reporting in Arabic according to request of local authorities;
- Facilitating coordination and collaboration mechanisms among project’s stakeholders;
- Maintain and apply a robust security and risk-management system.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in development studies, social science or another relevant field to the project;
- At least, 2 years of previous relevant experience working in the fields of economic development and/or women empowerment;
- Proven track record in effectively playing a coordinating or facilitating role in a project;
- Knowledge of INGO procedures;
- Fluency in English and Arabic and strong report writing skills;
- Excellent computer skills.
- Have previous experience working with women and have a good background regarding gender sensitivity issues in Gaza Context.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure and against deadlines;
- Good knowledge of political and cultural context, proactively seeking advice and support from colleagues;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, ability to deal with disputes and conflicts - and to motivate for stronger efforts;
- Capacity to empower others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives;
- Driven for change and improvements; shows the courage to take unpopular stands;
- Responsive towards gender issues and shows gender sensitivity.
The duration of the assignment is one year on a full-time basis, extendable based on performance.
Curriculum vitae and motivation letter are to be sent in English to the attention of Ms Sara
Specify in Subject: Local Coordinator
Deadline for applications: 2nd March 2017
Women are encouraged to apply
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview