SOS Children’s Villages take action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine is seeking to recruit a National Programme Development Director for its National Office team in Palestine.
Location: Bethlehem with travel to areas within the West Bank and Gaza Strip
Position: National Programme Development Director
Reports to: National Director
The National Programme Development Director (NPDD) ensures the implementation of the SOS Children’s Village Programme Policy and drives (steers) the implementation of quality child development programmes (work with families of origin; SOS families, other alternative family based care options and various programme interventions like direct essential services, capacity building and advocacy in the field of care, education and health). The NPDD ensures (or leads) the implementation of a quality assurance system within SOS Children’s Village Programmes including monitoring and evaluation. She/he leads the development of the national programme development strategy, related budgets and action plans.
Tasks & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Leads the processes of national child rights situation analyses and of feasibility studies at location level.
• Ensures development of qualitative SOS Children’s Village programme proposals and steers the implementation to reach the strategic targets.
• Steers the development of new locations and alignment of existing locations following the SOS CV Programme Policy.
• Prepares and is responsible for the budget of the national Programme Development Department.
• Provides ongoing monitoring of child’s rights protection in the Member Association.
• Ensures implementation of a Quality Assurance system (including monitoring and evaluation)
• Adjusts all ongoing programmes to national legal regulations in agreement with the National Director.
• Ensures development of national concepts according to SOS CVI policies and SOS CVI programme quality standards.
• Supports and provides coaching in the realisation of the set objectives.
• Coordinates all research activities in the programme development area in the Member Association.
• Develops and maintains contacts, exchanges information and develops partnerships with key stakeholders of the child welfare sector (state, NGOs, INGOs and GOs)
Qualifications and Competencies
University degree in Social sciences, Masters in Management is desirable
Minimum 5 years' experience in child and family development programmes
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in management and leadership
Ability to access Gaza, foreign nationals desirable
Good command of spoken and written English with proven reporting and communication skills
Ability to comprehend and converse in Arabic
Good knowledge of standards and current directions of development in the field of child’s rights approach, and social welfare systems
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently
Motivation for work focused on children and families .
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by the 28th of February, 2017
Stating in the subject line: NPDD
Only short listed candidates will be contacted