ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid International in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) is part of the ActionAid International Federation.
The Country Director provides vision, leadership, management and effective high-level national representation for ActionAid International in oPt, in line with the established policies, principles and operating practices of ActionAid International, as well as good management practice and the political, social, cultural and economic environment of the country. The Country Director is also responsible for overseeing the implementation of the ActionAid Palestine Country Strategy Paper (CSP). The CD role requires broad organizational experience to develop and manage a growing team well as deep knowledge of oPt to make significant improvements to policies and processes that lead long-term success of ActionAid in oPt
Qualification & Experience
The candidate must hold a post graduate degree in social sciences, development studies or a development related field and at least 10 years proven track record with a minimum of 5 years in a top leadership position in development work and poverty alleviation programmes with proven initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment
• Demonstrated senior management expertise, including proven ability to develop the capacities of multi-disciplinary professional teams undertaking comprehensive poverty alleviation strategy.
• Proven experience in managing complex financial control and management systems with the budget size of at least 3 million GBP and 30 staff and above
• Demonstrated expertise in strategic and long term planning and the ability to ensure that operational plans and activities meet targets and appropriately reflect longer term perspectives. .
• Proven experience of working and negotiating with Government officials and/or donors at all levels in Palestine context.
• Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated expertise in at least one specialist development field.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive diplomatic and Government level negotiations on matters affecting ActionAid's Palestine country programme.
• Sound awareness of the political, social, economic and historic environment in which ActionAid's poverty alleviation programmes are operating at both national and community levels.
• Proficiency in English and a familiarity with the context of the country as it affects development strategies. Fluency of local language is an advantage to the role
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Strong analytical/Problem solving, and management of crisis, conflict and risk
• Fundraising skills with proven track recording in contract management from bilateral and multilateral donors
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please visit our website www.actionaid.org/jobs for further details.
Candidates should apply through https://goo.gl/forms/8lFg23XoJbniSNwZ2 and send CV and motivation cover letter to: hradmin.actionaid.org by no later than 5PM Bangkok time on 27 March 2017. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for. REF No: CD/AAP
ActionAid International welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified Palestinian national, especially women are encouraged to apply.