Full – time
Deadline for application: 17 March 2017
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position will be responsible for the production of key communications resources for donor and public engagement; position the ministry of WV with in-country and international media; supporting the ND in leading external communications on a range of development issues; direct communications in emergency and reputation risk issues; and support all departments on internal/employee communications processes which support and advance the strategic goals of JWG and its core ministry functions
1. Public - Community Connections (35%)
Evidence-based content for resource generation. Sponsorship Transformation and ministry
• Responsible for the planning and production of compelling evidence-based and issues-oriented fundraising, advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, digital, print and video) for effective donor (including grant acquisition) and public engagement – both in-country and internationally, and in collaboration with other World Vision Offices if/as appropriate.
• Oversee the consistent and timely offering and development of resources.
• Ensure that stories, photos, publications and other materials are produced to standards of quality required for informing, educating and engaging donors and publics via Partnership websites, magazines, adverts, donor appeals, media releases and other communications channels and outlets
• Seek detailed information on Area Development Program projects and beneficiaries, and identify potential media and marketing stories through ADP/project contacts, which can lead to increased donor support and public awareness
• Assure that photo, story and information assignments are properly processed through the WV systems and databases
• Host/support the Partnership resource gathering visits/ Media (acknowledged via Share).
• Coordinate public events to best share WV’s messages and branding. Build and maintain good connections with international and local journalists based in the Holy Land, so as to increase our outreach and influence.
• Ensure proper support is provided to the sponsorship team according to set agreements. Facilitate all deliverables required through Sp. 2.0 generated in field level.
• Facilitate and train children/ youth/ community people based on programmatic needs utilizing the concept of the C4D for Community Voice and Casual Content.
• Plan and support the ND to manage communications in response to both slow- and rapid-onset emergency/relief situations ensuring that WV Partnership is provided with quality stories, photos and media interviews from the field quickly.
2. REPUTATION & INFLUENCE (35%)
Organisational positioning in mainstream and social media to mobilise publics for social and policy change
• Promote contacts with country-level and international media to earn coverage of World Vision.
• Ensure JWG designated spokespeople and technical experts are identified, trained and offered to media for proactive, positive public engagement. World Vision staff is aware of and adhere to media relations protocols
• Support the monitoring of national media, with the help of zonal communication officers, and establish the overall capacity of JWG to initiate and respond to media contacts with required speed and skill.
• Evaluate media risk. Serve as media advisor to relevant staff members. Monitor local Palestinian and Israeli mainstream and social media feeds to prepare for “rapid response” communications in situations of organizational crises, and during an escalation in violence, the onset of natural disasters or other major emergencies to which World Vision will respond.
• Ensure efficient social media channels are selected to initiate discussions around WV activities amongst target audiences. Manage digital platforms assuring proper monitoring and analysis.
• Develop a policy for social media channels operated by WVJWG to ensure the production of timely content that supports our developmental and advocacy agenda, in consultation with the Advocacy Officer, the National Director and the Regional Communications Director
• Work with GC, Support Offices and National Offices in support of global social media campaigns launched by World Vision where relevant to the situation in JWG
• Ensure the external communication resources use correct WV identity.
• Collaborate with advocacy and Faith in Development colleagues to define key issues, messaging, and communications channels for public advocacy initiatives. Engage media to gain exposure and credibility, and increase public discussion.
• Provide communications support reflected in applicable regional and global advocacy campaigns.
• Collaborate with GAM team to provide support throughout the grant prepositioning, acquisition and management cycle. Work with the regional Comms team to continuously improve the support provided.
3. STAFF ENGAGEMENT (5%)
Internal communications to mobilise staff for strategy, ministry execution and impact
Support NO leadership in communicating areas of their work that create unified identity across the programme, contribute to a shared understanding of strategy and goals, and facilitate change management.
IV. Strategic leadership (15%)
• . Contribute to JWG strategy formulation.
• Develop a communications strategy for WVJWG together with the National Director, and the Regional Communications Director
• Develop an annual communications plan in consultation with the Public Engagement Manager, National Director and Regional Communications Director
• Provide communications support efficiently through making sure that updated information on important developments is available, the activities are prioritized, processes are simplified, and overlaps avoided.
Capacity Building (10%)
• In collaboration with the People & Culture (P&C) Department improve the capacity of the zonal Communications team and work towards talent identification.
• Identify and train JWG and ADP staff that can provide information on their projects for use through local and international communication channles, if required.
Education & Experience required:
• A degree in journalism and/or communications/public relations/marketing and/or languages and international relations
• At least five years professional experience in communications, promotion, journalism or public relations
• Experience in project management, including the production of diverse communications resources such as publications, multi-media, websites/pages, photo and video reports, social media, etc.
• Experience developing or contributing to the development, execution and reporting on strategies, preferably as part of a cross-functional team
• Past experience or familiarity with marketing departments, PR, communications, etc
• Content Development - Written: Produce high quality, child-focused written content
that engages broad audiences and enables supporter transformation, staff engagement,
advocacy and revenue generation.
• Content Development - Visual: Produce high quality, child-focused visual (photo
and/or video) content that engages broad audiences and enables supporter transformation,
staff engagement, advocacy and revenue generation.
• Media Relations: Develop and maintain media contacts, pitch compelling content and
position WV in influential media outlets in the national and international domain on issues
related to development, advocacy and disasters.
• Capacity Building: Facilitate training and support resources for STP, C4D4CV and other
community-based communications activities.
• Disaster Response: Produce rapid information and compelling needs and impact-focused
content for Partnership communications, marketing and accountability needs.
• Field Facilitation: Develop and maintain positive working relationships and arrangements
with field staff to enable successful coordination/hosting/accompanying of Support Office,
donor or VIP visits.
• Platform Management: Use of internal systems (Share, DMC, CML, MRC, wvrelief),
new digital platforms and devices (smartphones, flip-cams, social media) and traditional
office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Networking: Create relationships and connections utilizing various channels for
information sharing, learning, influence and to help shape and advance the communications
• Global, multi-cultural effectiveness: Ability to achieve results working in a multicultural
organization, including leveraging differences and addressing diversity issues for
improved team effectiveness.
• Creativity: Demonstrate creativity and embrace innovation in the work environment to
improve and evolve processes, participation and generate new ideas and solutions.
• Knowledge of English and Arabic, both spoken and written. Knowledge of Hebrew is an asset
• Able to travel and work in the field as an essential function of the position
• Skills in writing, v/blogging, photography and/or video production
• Valid driving license
• Committed to achieve quality results and services
• Integrity and strong identification with World Vision’s Core Values
Minimum 20% time traveling in the field
Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.
To apply: please visit : https://careers.wvi.org/