Department: National Director
Full - time
Deadline: 17 March 2017
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Fully support an effective support to the National Director in the areas of internal and external communications, Strategic relationships, and Planning and Management responsibilities.
1. Strategic Management (10%)
• Support the review and updating of the National Office Strategy
• Support to Facilitate National Office and Regional Office work and preparations on the strategy
• Lead the process of creating a monitoring of a National Strategic Implementation plan on yearly basis. .
2. National Director Projects (20%)
• Coordinate National initiatives and projects run from the National Director's Office such as:
• Innovative projects
• Hadassah and other Israel Projects
• Peacebuilding and bridge building Projects.
• Help with raising Funds with Support Offices, Grants, etc.
3. External Coordination (10%)
• Facilitate WV’s involvement in all relevant UN, AIDA and related forums
• Replace ND in meetings, as appropriate
4. Board (15%)
• Support the process of the Circle of friends for the Advisory Counsel
• Prepare Advisory council meeting reports
• Support the ND to maintain the strategic relations with the Friends of WV and other board members when appropriate and as required
• Prepare speeches, as appropriate
5. Ongoing support for National Director (10%)
• Participate in the SMT and attend the SLT (similar as with Board meetings) in order to follow up and report.
• Research and/or reports (for ND, region, AIDA executive committee, or others).
• Meet with and/or respond to external parties on behalf of ND
• Support the National Director through different researches as required and appropriate
6. Administrative Support (15%)
• Support the efficient report writing and relationships with the GC, RO and other stakeholders on a timely manger Support the quarterly regional report on a timely manner
• Manage internal and external communication for the ND department
• Revise and ensure alignment with JWG policies and procedures of all documents prior to submission to ND for signing including: contracts, MOUs, timesheets and expense reports for the executive Team
• Manage the filing system of the ND department
• Manage the ND budget/agendas/calendar
• Manage logistics related to ND personal & business travel, in addition to the travel of board members as needed
7. Guest Relations (15%)
• In direct coordination with visitors about their visit, this includes, schedule, coordinating with hosting staff, Responsible for and follow up with the different SO’s on issues related to SA’s, PA’s and others relevant to visitors
• Arrange tour sightseeing upon request
8. Other (5%)
• Carry out any other relevant responsibilities assigned from time to time by the National Director
• Maintain a professional office atmosphere by keeping a high standard of efficiency and confidentiality in handling tasks and dealing with people
• Support and maintain an impartial approach to WV’s work in Palestine, Israel and Gaza
Education & Experience required:
• Bachelor degree in Communications, Social Sciences, or a related field
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the non-profit sector
• Fluency in written and spoken English, with advanced business writing skills
• Knowledge of Arabic is essential and Hebrew is desirable
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience in building collaborative relationships with various stakeholders
• Understanding of organizational structure, executive/international communications, and administration
• Solid skills in time-management, prioritization, and ability to work on several projects simultaneously
• Effective skills in communication of information and ideas
• Capacity to have an helicopter and impartial approach and view
• Valid driver’s license
• Committed to achieve quality results and services
• Integrity and strong identification with World Vision’s Core Values.
To apply: please visit : https://careers.wvi.org/